Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Article about MyDoom

The new version is a mass-mailing worm that does not contain an attachment, as some earlier versions of the worm program have done. A worm is a self-replicating computer program that -- like a computer virus -- can cause damage to a computer's software by attaching itself to programs.

The new Mydoom e-mail messages direct users to click on a link, directing them to an infected machine. Following the hyperlink results in an infection occurring on the target victim's system. Some of the e-mail transmissions appear to be from PayPal, the online payment system that is part of eBay.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
AliensAreFuzzy said:
Well, they are using windows...

Now thats the saddest part :p But this is a Windows only virus, right? And not one of those threats that have been surfacing for OS X, right?

thecow

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
*evil devilish laughter* I'm really glad that I don't have to deal with these viruses on my mac. Even if there is a virus for mac, my dad has a lifetime subscription to norton anti-virus through his work. :)

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I remember a bling dealer called Ratner in the UK many years ago mentioning that his products were "crap" - he went out of business quite quickly.
Do you think theres any chance of Billy boy doing the same thing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.