New Walmart iPhone App Includes Shopping List, Coupons

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 9, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Walmart is updating its iPhone app with a number of new tools to make shopping easier at the world's largest retailer, reports GigaOm. Walmart released its first iPad app at the beginning of this month.

[​IMG]

From GigaOm:
    The Walmart apps for iPhone [Direct Link] and iPad [Direct Link] are available free from the App Store. The updated iPhone app should be available soon.

Article Link: New Walmart iPhone App Includes Shopping List, Coupons

2. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am very happy about this. I have been looking for an app that will allow home grocery inventory mangement by barcode. This allows some of that which I think is awesome. Thanks walmart.

3. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not too sure about this. An app that covers multiple stores seems more useful.

4. macrumors regular

ALDI should make an app like that next.

5. macrumors 6502

stisdal

I agree. I am really looking forward to the voice update to the iPhone app.

6. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Can you access peopleofwalmart.com from the app?

7. macrumors 603

ArtOfWarfare

I've been considering making an app just like this for my local grocery store.

8. macrumors member

Like I always say, I boycott this Chinese outlet store for more than a decade. Before that I probably been to that anti-American and job killing place a few handful times that I regret.

F the app and that store. It's the role model to all the other stores on how best to outsource jobs , shut factories in U.S and mistreat associates.

so yeah, f this app !

9. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So you buy your Chinese goods someplace else?

10. macrumors 6502

11. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A404 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for the laugh. Stupid people always show up, huh?

12. macrumors 6502a

Yea, he likes to pay double for the same Chinese product in a upscaled store. Smart!

And where was the iPhone made?

13. macrumors 6502

Macs are made in China.

14. macrumors 6502

Shopping at Walmart is grody.

15. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seems you own a lot of Anti-American, job killing technology. Thank god you didn't buy them at Walmart.

16. macrumors 68030

Les Kern

Maybe he's just tired of being effed in the ass, whereas perhaps you now enjoy it? He didn't give up, you did.

17. macrumors 6502

s8film40

So when is the shopping list supposed to be added?

18. Guest

toddybody

[​IMG]

"pass momma her iFone, theys right under my Virginia Slims"

19. macrumors 601

Yvan256

What's weird is that the iPhone and iPod touch still don't have a built-in QR code scanner app built-in.

20. macrumors 6502

LOL.

...and let me guess, Target gets their stuff from... France, /<-Mart gets it from Korea, Sears from Syria?

Wal*Mart does what EVERY other company does.

21. macrumors newbie

New trend is of i phone and there is no doubt about that.Each and every person should understand and many big store are coming to towards this.