New Win XP "digital hub"

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dobbin, Jul 16, 2002.

1. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

The BBC is reporting here that Microsoft are launching an add-on to Windows XP to create a digital entertainment hub.

I guess the timing of this is supposed to steal Apple's thunder from MWNY, so lets hope there is something big tomorrow to get the limelight back.

Robin

2. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

oh yeah ..... I forgot to say ....

"Computers with Windows XP Media Center will come with a remote control, as well as the more traditional mouse and keyboard. "

BIG DEAL! My Apple Mac Performa 6200CDTV came with a remote control in 1995!!!!!

Robin

3. tk-421 macrumors member

I read in an article at cnet that current users of XP can't even upgrade to this new version of XP (XP Media Center Edition, I think) You have buy a whole new system to upgrade....figures.

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

well, thats because some of the WINXP serials won't accept the update which is funny as......M$ stuffed up the whole activation/serial thing.......man they are dumb

has anyone seen windows media 9 , man its is so much of a QT6 copy, with its instant playback and all that......they really need to think diff

5. Choppaface macrumors 65816

I believe they do that to counter piracy....serials that don't work are probably serials floating around

does the article mention anything about palladium?

6. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

M$ digital hub

I always pictured a setup similar to that Hyper Cycle that featured in South Park once. It was an alternative form of transport invented by the school teacher and Mr Hat. I think it was supposed to counter act the airline companies who were taking everyone up the jacksey, but in this case I think M$ would also adopt a similar user interface. This would allow them to hire a really big acountancy firm, who could adjust their figures to show that, despite a growing number of "switchers", M$ were infact screwing more Windoze users than ever before.:eek:

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield