Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CyrusOz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I'm sorry but I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere (perhaps I am searching the wrong terminology though). Whenever I open say the Macintosh HD for example, it always opens up as a small window, not matter how I change the view of after it opens, is there a way that I can save the setting so it opens up every time to the size and display that I want without it resetting every time?

Thanks for your help.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
It should stay the same the next time you open a new window, at least in Safari anyway.

CyrusOz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
It should stay the same the next time you open a new window, at least in Safar anyway.

Yes i agree that Safari does but that wasn't my problem, as I said when I try to open the Macintosh HD it will only open up as a small window... I can get the list or thumbnails to stay the same next time but the actual size of the window will always return to only a small window/box.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
What I meant was is that both the Finder and Safari windows act the same; once you change them they should stay the same.

Can anyone else help? I'm not sure of a solution.

forcefieldkid

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2010
This happens on one user account (of three) on mine. I don't use it enough for it to be a problem but if you ever figure it out be sure to post!

It's basically the base finder window size, with about a third chopped off the width.

If i stretch it out to normal size, they will stay like that while its logged in, but as soon as i log out/in again the finder size is back to the small size again.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
I don't think this is a bug, but if it is please report it, so Apple can take action :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.