New Windows -- Longhorn

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by shadowfax0, Nov 24, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502

May 2, 2002
  2. macrumors regular

Oct 20, 2002
    Re: New Windows -- Longhorn

What are you talking about, that MS being inovative:p
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2002
    Washington, DC / Rochester, NY / Lexington, NC
  4. macrumors 68000

May 24, 2002
    'Toba, Canada
    i remember hearing at one of the beta launches (first or 2nd beta i think) bill was saying stuff about xp having built in dvd support...that was a load of bs :p, around the time when ppl started making pre-orders in the summer of '01 he was like "oh you need to have a 3rd party dvd decorder to play dvds on windows media player"
  5. macrumors 68020

Oct 28, 2001
    Greensboro, NC
    this thing is still just way too far off for me even to give it a second thought.

microsoft has ended its days with me as a consumer, and hopefully alot of people are beginning to feel the same way. in fact, i believe the only m$ OS i ever bought were bought solely because they came on the machine. that was windows95. my father may have bought windows98, i just dont remember.

i just dont see the purpose in paying for something that really doesnt do anything different to your computer except slow it down. i beta tested XP and thought it was really good. i soon realized it was only the windows2000 that m$ had promised and failed to deliver on. this is all m$ ever does. they promise technologies, then delay them, forcing you to upgrade in between also. its a form of bait and switch in my opinion.

"well we dont have what we advertised in stock, but this will do until we get it in a couple years."
  6. macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2002
    Northeast U.S.

Windows is going all white and silver colors with buttons and backgrounds!!! noooo!