New Windows -- Longhorn

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by shadowfax0, Nov 24, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors regular

Re: New Windows -- Longhorn

What are you talking about, that MS being inovative:p

3. macrumors 6502a

MacCoaster

Washington, DC / Rochester, NY / Lexington, NC
  4. macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i remember hearing at one of the beta launches (first or 2nd beta i think) bill was saying stuff about xp having built in dvd support...that was a load of bs :p, around the time when ppl started making pre-orders in the summer of '01 he was like "oh you need to have a 3rd party dvd decorder to play dvds on windows media player"...lol

5. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

this thing is still just way too far off for me even to give it a second thought.

microsoft has ended its days with me as a consumer, and hopefully alot of people are beginning to feel the same way. in fact, i believe the only m$ OS i ever bought were bought solely because they came on the machine. that was windows95. my father may have bought windows98, i just dont remember.

i just dont see the purpose in paying for something that really doesnt do anything different to your computer except slow it down. i beta tested XP and thought it was really good. i soon realized it was only the windows2000 that m$ had promised and failed to deliver on. this is all m$ ever does. they promise technologies, then delay them, forcing you to upgrade in between also. its a form of bait and switch in my opinion.

"well we dont have what we advertised in stock, but this will do until we get it in a couple years."

6. macrumors regular

AACK

Windows is going all white and silver colors with buttons and backgrounds!!! noooo!