Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
"Oh. That's not cool."

Said Siri as she saw the price of the Xbox One compared to the PS4.

Kurri

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
i think its a great ad, still not getting one though. but memorable and gets people talking.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
"I don't need it therefore nobody else does"?

An SD card slot would be incredibly useful in an iPad.

It's obvious why Apple wouldn't allow it, but you don't think it would be a good idea to be able to load some of your apps, or music, or a pile of movies, onto an SD card for a long trip? Or pop the card out of your camera to load up the photos into iPhoto (without the need for the third piece of hardware, the Camera Connection Kit)? Or load up Office documents to read and edit?

Cloud storage takes care of all that. People seem to forget the iPad does come with internal storage so you CAN actually store things on it

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Good lord. You can pinch to the homescreen with 4 fingers. Of course Microsoft would try and spin that you can't using their own gesture. /facepalm

The ads are clever though.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Very classy, Microsoft.

Didn't Apple do the same exact type of commercials with Mac vs. PC campaign?

This has to be the worst ad ive ever seen. Oh you can zoom the start page wow so cool. And who the hell actually uses an SD card still? Only about a million other ways to store and transfer things

Apparently enough people that Apple makes an SD Card reader for iPad. Fanboy to the maximum...

Baumpie

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
Oh, forgot to mention.. the device on your left is made by Apple.
Sorry Dell, you've lost this competition..

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
Didn't Apple do the same exact type of commercials with Mac vs. PC campaign?

Apparently enough people that Apple makes an SD Card reader for iPad. Fanboy to the maximum...

Ok fine, but you're using that and zooming to try to sell your product above the ipad..... That's not bad advertising?

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
SOOOOOOOOOOO cringeworthy :rolleyes: seriously Microsoft?.....

Your avatar matches your comment so well :cool:

In regards to the topic, I have always liked ads that tell me what the product does, not what the competitor can't do. During an interview, up sell yourself, don't trash talk your opponent because then I have no idea what your worth and more than likely won't hire you.

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
made by Samsung

The windows product made by samsung is NOT intuitive...no intuitive way to close or quit an application. Windows/Microsoft does not believe in intuitive design...this seems to get ignored. Most Samsung Tablets are wifi ONLY>

yakirtosh

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
The bashing ads just dont convince me. And even if apple would have wanted to reply with another ad to this one, they could point out that sd cards can be compared to ancient artifacts that dont make sense in an apple device if you have icloud and 32/64/128 gig of storage. Even as someone here argued that it would help to eliminate a third gadget to connect between a camera, basically using the sd card to transfer their photos to the ipad: seriously? Nobody does that but you haha. A person with a regular camera also has a computer, therefor transferring his photos there, editing them and even then could have them available on the ipad thru photo stream. My point being, anything that is an addition to a product is simply aged and out. Apple intentionally wants to get away from all of these cd/dvd/bd drives and slots of whatever. Information thru the internet is the future, physical accessories are the past. And zoom in/out on the menu? B**** please, rather embarrassing ;)

Under the line, this ad just proved microsoft lost on all fronts.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
*Yaaawwwnn*

Another attack ad from an Apple competitor...while Apple sits back and humbly makes the best products in the world. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.