Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renzatic

Suspended
Some people also defend Apple at all costs too, actually trying to make it sound like a benefit not to have certain features. That's just the way it is.

It's like how some people talk about the "superior" single speaker that faces away from you on the iPad, vs. the "ugly and overdone" front facing stereo speakers on the Nexus 10.

"You make fun of Apple's superior back-facing patented iSoundAlright speaker because you either don't understand it (foolish fanboy), or are paid off by Samsung. When I put it down on a table, it bounces off the wood and makes such a beautiful sound. It's brilliant! Why would I want two speakers when I have one that does the job even better? Though as usual, the Apple Haters come in talking about it because they have better specs on their useless plastic piece of junk orwhatever. But as any true Apple fan will tell you, it's not about specs, it's about user experience. One speaker is good enough for 99% of the population".

pirg

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2013
It's like how some people talk about the "superior" single speaker that faces away from you on the iPad, vs. the "ugly and overdone" front facing stereo speakers on the Nexus 10.

"You make fun of Apple's superior back-facing patented iSoundAlright speaker because you either don't understand it (foolish fanboy), or are paid off by Samsung. When I put it down on a table, it bounces off the wood and makes such a beautiful sound. It's brilliant! Why would I want two speakers when I have one that does the job even better? Though as usual, the Apple Haters come in talking about it because they have better specs on their useless plastic piece of junk orwhatever. But as any true Apple fan will tell you, it's not about specs, it's about user experience. One speaker is good enough for 99% of the population".

Who says that?

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011

I think you covered it in a nutshell.

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Professional cameras uses Compact Flash memory cards (CF) as a standard, consumer cameras use SD cards.
Pro cameras use both. ;)

Canon 1D Mk III
Recording Media

CF Card Type I and II, SD/SDHC Memory Card (1 slot each), and/or External media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, via optional Canon WFT-E2A transmitter)

Canon 1D Mk IV
Recording Media

CF Card Type I and II, SD/SDHC Memory Card (1 slot each), UDMA Mode 6 CF cards and/or External media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, via optional Canon Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2/E2A or Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2 IIA*)

Nikon chose to screw it's top two cameras out of SD in favor of a XQD card. All the rest of their cameras have an SD option.

Renzatic

Suspended
Who says that?

No one specifically. What I'm doing is making fun of the way some people will justify EVERYTHING Apple does, good or bad. I used the iPad speaker as an example because, to me, it's the worst thing about it, then tried to justify how great it actually was by using all the tried and true arguments people lean on around here. Ending it with the always excellent "it's like this because it's all the average consumer needs".

My experiences with Apple have been that when they do something right, they really do something right. Unfortunately, they're also just as good at doing something wrong. There's no middle ground with Apple. It's either "wow, they really nailed it", or "good god, this is terrible, how can you people defend this".

pirg

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2013
No one specifically. What I'm doing is making fun of the way some people will justify EVERYTHING Apple does, good or bad. I used the iPad speaker as an example because, to me, it's the worst thing about it, then tried to justify how great it actually was by using all the tried and true arguments people lean on around here. Ending it with the always excellent "it's like this because it's all the average consumer needs".

Of course, the truth being it's just different people with different opinions. Something that has been proven time and time again, and yet the generalizations never stop. Guess this forum would be boring if people couldn't generalize millions of ios users? *shrugs*

My experiences with Apple have been that when they do something right, they really do something right. Unfortunately, they're also just as good at doing something wrong. There's no middle ground with Apple. It's either "wow, they really nailed it", or "good god, this is terrible, how can you people defend this".

I think the same is true with every company. Don't think I've ever heard any one ever say "wow they did it just medium!" about any company ever.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
This thread is pure magic!

Asking a community of die-hard Mac fans what they think about a Microsoft commercial... ...bashing the iPad. Brilliant!

Now, I'm off to a vegan site asking what they think about bacon for breakfast.

Yeah... I find it really funny that, now that we knw there still won't be multipane / multiwindow mltitask in the iPad version of iOS7, many Apple fanboys still state it'd be absolutely useless.

It's a GREAT feature on both WinRT and Samsung's larger-screen devices - and, according to the Android rumors, Android 5.0 will support it too out of the box, on all large-screen devices.

----------

Who says that?

Someone that has never handled a phone (for example, the in this regard, stunningly good Nokia N95) / tablet with proper stereo speakers. Or, a 1000000% Apple fanboy ;)

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2007
The ad is not really accurate.
Siri would more likely get half of its responses wrong and throw up incoherent nonsense replies instead.
The last time I used it, I asked about art shops in Epsom and it told me about restaurants in London.
Of course, it's still in beta, so we can't expect much.

pirg

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2013
Someone that has never handled a phone (for example, the in this regard, stunningly good Nokia N95) / tablet with proper stereo speakers. Or, a 1000000% Apple fanboy ;)

You'll find that a 10000000% apple fanboy doesn't exist, but as I mentioned this forum would be boring if people weren't allowed to just generalize and lump millions of users into the isheep bucket ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.