new X-men Legends game.

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Sep 26, 2004.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2004
    Ok first i want to say this game is sooooo freakin good its scary. I am a fan of rpg and action games, I am also a fan of the x-men. Throw all of them to gether you get X-men Legends. This game is great. It plays alot like baldur's gate dark alliance with a tad of freedom force thown in.

You can customize your own team with 15 playable x-men (I bet some more are unlockable) and play through missions. You even have flash backs you play though as old school 70's x-men and 60's style x-men.

This game has it all i was able to find one code that unlocks xtreme costumes for the game. It seems to be the same across all platforms ( PS2, Xbox, Gamecube). It can be found here

I really want to play as gold and blue jim lee x-men they were my favorite style of x-men. Over all A++++++ game. Check it out. :cool:
  2. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    I love the game. I reached endgame yesterday but Mastermold kicked me arse. I'll train a little in the danger room and try again tonight.

By the way. I've found out that by keeping Cyclops and Storm with maxed Leadership power in your party all the time, can result in out of scale damage from combos. Plus, you get a nice XP bonus.

My favourite party:

Cyclops (good focused energy damage, leadership)
    Storm (Massive Area attack, leadership, flight is nice too)
    Iceman (Freezing enemies = sweet, can solve many X-puzzles)
    Colossus (X-cellent physical damage, knockback into walls adds even more)

I also like colossus because you can throw trucks at enemies ^_^

It's really easy to combo using Cyclops and Storm when controlling cyclops since Storms use mainly Area of effect attacks. You can get nice 1000-2000 damage combos almost every time. Eveything but bosses dies in one shot.

With a high focus and Ultra DNA regenerator, Storm will almost never run out of power.

Combo! C-C-C-Combo! Combo!

By the way, one of the most enjoyable 4 player experience ever.

3. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    I'm glad to hear some positive reviews on this game. I love the X-Men, and was hoping this game would rock. Since it does, I might have to pick it up. Now, if I could find a way to pry Burnout 3 out of my PS2....
  4. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    Yeah. I think it's the best X-Men game since the first Arcade version.

If you like X-Mens, and don't hate action oriented RPGs, you will love X-Men Legends.

Graphics are decent but far from great. All characters have really huge Oven mitts hands, beast is as "slim" as Cyclops and characters don't have any facial expressions. The environments are great, lot's of stuff you can break. I just love punching my way through walls ^_^. Lots of characters you can play:

Jean Grey
    Porfessor X (In astral plane only)
    Emma Frost

The Danger room is great to level up between (or even during) levels. Plus, you can find unique and very powerfull items from specific missions. To unlock a danger room scenarios, you must first find the discs in the regular levels.

The X-Mansion is really cool. It looks a lot like the one in the movie but one of my X-Men fan friends tell me the the layout of the rooms is almost identical to the comic book... but there is no bathrooms in the mansion. I would'nt use the swimming pool if I were you.

Voice acting is quite good for a game (most of the time). I think Mark Hamill does the voice of Wolverine (gotta check the credits) edit: Steven Blum does Wolverine's voice, my bad and I'm pretty sure my favorite american voice actor, John Dimaggio (Futurama) makes the voices of Juggernaut (pretty decent) and General Kinkaid.

I bought the Game Cube version because I don't have an X-Box, otherwise, I would have probably got it for X-Box. Graphics (for X-Men Legends) are better on X-Box, decent on Game Cube and somewhat uglier on PS2. On X-Box and Gamecube you can play 4 players at a time, only 2 on PS2. Loading times are the fastest on the Game Cube and the longest on PS2.

X-Men legends has 2 funny similarities with Diablo/Baldur's Gate Action RPG:

- You can pick up yellow "rare" and green "unique" items. (Dejà vu)
    - You have Blue and Red potions... that you can find by breaking barrels.
  5. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

May 18, 2003
    I'm a big X-men fan, and a big action and RPG fan... but I couldn't really get into the game. It seems a bit too much of a buttom masher to me, with the same enemies coming at you again and again... just my $0.02.