New Year's Eve Plans?

Discussion in 'Community' started by wdlove, Dec 31, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I will start off?

I will be volunteering at my Church. It is one of our largest outreach programs. We aren't officially part of "First Night" in Boston. No need to have a button. Our church offers a continuous concert from 7:30 - 10:30pm. There will be three different groups performing. Hannake Cassel, a Scottish Fiddler; Maeve, a Boston based all female trio; and Chris Bradley. It is a welcoming place for people to come in out of the weather. Besides the concert there is always the needed restrooms. We are offering hot chocolate and apple cider.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'm being picked up by a mate in about half an hour to go to a house party at another mates. Nothing big, which is just as well, I'm shattered :eek:

Everyone have a great new years, whatever you get up to ;) :D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I've got a heavy cold so will be staying in with a bottle of Chardonnay (purely for medicinal purposes, you understand.)

It's about 7:30pm in London, I've got a couple of DVDs to watch (Shrek 2 & John Water's Pecker) and series 1 of Cheers.

In the fridge is pate and Ben & Jerry's... and of course, failing all that, I've got MR Forums to entertain me.

Happy New Year from London!

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Pecker is excellent! I hope you enjoy it. I too find Chardonnay to be highly medicinal although none is on my agenda for the night. It'll be an early one, I haven't done anything on New Year's Eve for ages. My annual New Year's Day bike ride is scheduled for tomorrow if the rain lets up, if not then I'll gladly postpone til Monday.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well my plans got scrapped

i was supposed to spend it with my new gf and some of her friends, some of whom i know, that would have been great, me & her spending some quality time together
    then it was changed because of her parents, but i was still going to spend it with her
    and then it ended up being better that i not join her family for certain reasons

so i am at home, with my 'rents, not very fun mind you, i got my mac and basically nothing to do, im not a party person, hence why i declined my sister's invitation to join her at a party with some of her friends, although i appreciate the offer, so i will be lurking around here, doing some writing, and backing up of some files of mine as well as being bored out of my mind, wonderful way to start the new year

6. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

Just chillin out at home, not a big party guy either. Of course, half of my high school is wasted by now :rolleyes: Not into that crowd, so MR and Regis will have to do.

Happy New Year everyone!

7. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Heh yea, I'm not much of a party myself. Family rented Collateral, that movie with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx, we're watching it now and it's pretty darn good.

And yea, half my high school was wasted before they even started partying. :rolleyes: By now, (12:52 A.M.), I'm probably the only sober kid left in the whole town!