new years resolutions

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Dec 26, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

what will you do for the next year?

for me,

lose some weight
    fix rust spots on car
    go to church more
    go out on social work outings for local drug addicts and homeless
    embark on more focused plan on finishing graduate school
    fix up boat studio and make it more presentable

all small things, but tasks i found secondary to work, paying bills, and having time off

he he...so how many of you have losing weight as their first new years resolution?:p

2. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Keep up on my car's general maintenance. It needs an oil change, new fuel filter, and so on.

3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

work out more so i can burn the calories from the christmas tree shaped cokies

4. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Losing weight, exercise more, and eat better, all related to each other, are the only resolutions that I make. Maybe this will be the year that I actually go through with it.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Burn some fat.

I got the muscles already, they are just covered by fat >< :p ;).

scem0

6. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Lose weight (of course) I have been doing weight watchers, and I have had a lot of success with it. So, after the new year, I will "get back on the wagon" so to speak.

Finish my office. I have some trim to put up, and maybe make a better desk, hide the wires, etc.

Remodel my sons room.

Be nicer to my wife and kids. I have a habit of yelling when I get upset, so this is something I should work on.

7. Shifty macrumors regular

Mine was to get an iPod, because I am not very good at saving up money, to buy anything expensive. Plus I must get rid of my old CDs and Cassette Tapes

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Amazing how so many people seem to angle toward lose weight/exercise.

I don't make new years' resolutions...never really kept them in the past, so I don't do it now. Rather, I set goals for myself to achieve. I know it sounds like the exact same thing, but it works better I feel. ;)

9. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Yeah, the problem is that two weeks after the new year starts they have all but forgotten their resolutions

10. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i'm gonna be opposite of some people...

GAIN SOME WEIGHT!

i lost 10 pounds since last august, and being 5'9", 135lbs... i need to gain something back. actually i really don't care about the weight, i just want to be back in shape like i was a year ago. i used to be running cross country and track and haven't done that in too long.

so it's time to get my lazy butt runnin again

11. iGav macrumors G3

your main goal mr eye is to come over and party with the iGav and the green fairies in old London town....

we are awaiting your visit.... heheheheh ;) :D

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hehe...u know...I had a strange dream just now about my going abroad...;)

13. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I'm going to try and stop spending money... bough WAY too much computer related junk this year ... need to start SAVING

14. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Me too. I'm down to 164 as of right now. Yesterday morning I was about 171. Six hours of ice hockey in one day will do that to you.

I need to take some creatine and go to the gym today to get some water weight back. I'd like to put on mass in my legs and get up to about 185ish before summer. I need to be bigger for the level of hockey I'm aiming at playing next season.

But it's not a resloution. I made a resolution when I was about 15 to not make any more resolutions. I've had no trouble keeping it. ;)

15. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I'm going to get myself on a budget, spend less money, and start using my credit card only for business expenses. My goal is to have $30,000 saved by June.

16. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

My new years resolution is 1280 x 1024, same as the past year. However I hope to get a 20" studio display soon, so I might change my resolution.

:D

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't make New Year's resolutions, because it seems that I don't get them accomplished. Prefer not to feel disappointed with myself. I just pray that I will learn to trust in the Lord more, then everythinbg else will work itself out.

18. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

For people like me who are practically perfect in every way, it's hard to find useful New Year's resolutions.

My weight is fine. I exercise. I eat right. I look both ways when I cross the street. I pay for my music and software. I'm a geek and glad to be one. I have a nice balance of work, fun, education, and volunteer work, so a resolution to do more of any one of them doesn't make sense.

I guess I'll resolve to stay as wonderful and modest as I already am.

19. boskie macrumors regular

Stop Smoking, again.

Limit the no. of Starbucks Venti Mocha's i have every week before work - why do they place them round every corner and always within your periperhal vision...:mad:

If i can do those two that releases another £250 a month which means all my other dreams will come true!

The last things, which will come once i move to a Tall and a pack of ten:

Finish my loft conversion.
    Pay off all my credit cards.
    Take my driving test.

That's not too much is it?

20. iGav macrumors G3

:p :p :p :p that hit a common chord... ;) :p :D

21. iGav macrumors G3

GUARANTEED! ;)

ooooh, could you fly via mr moxies house and kidnapp him.... the Spitz is calling ye' all!! :eek: :eek: ;)

22. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

For folks trying to quit smoking. Try grape flavored bubble gum. It worked for me. And it has to be grape for some reason.