New York!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xy14, Jan 16, 2006.

1. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

I'm choosing between going to New York or Washington for a day trip this summer from Minneapolis. After there, I'm going to go to Florida to visit my friend. The problem is, it will cost me about $7-800, and I don't know if I want to go to New York or Washington (DC) more. Please give me any suggestions and such that you may have, and if you want to help defray my costs, you could certainly make a PayPal donation to xy1990@gmail.com.

Thanks.

2. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I think you should definitely go to NY. No question!...also, I'm not sure it is polite to ask for money on here to see a friend. If you were going on a mission trip, or studying abroad, you might could put a link to donate in your signature, but only after you have ok'ed it with the mods.

Forgive me if you have already gotten permission. That said, I will donate $5.00. Maybe it'll buy a lunch or something. Have fun with your friend.

crdean1

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I would modify upcoming travel plans accordingly so that something fits your budget. At the age of 19, what you are publicly soliciting for is hardly a necessity. And, besides, Minneapolis is a pretty nice city. I'd like to visit there someday ... and no hat will be passed around. :)

4. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

One full day?
    Washington. You can see everything (albiet briefly) on the Mall and be able to walk. Plus the Subway ("Bing-Bong Federal Center") takes you right to the Airport without transfering. Of course I may be biased having grown up 30 miles away, but still.
    New York? You'd need some SERIOUS planning to make a day worthwhile. An NY IS worth going to, just not for one day.

5. xy14 thread starter macrumors 6502

xy14

If it helps, her mom is dying of cancer so I wanted to see her too. Not trying to put a guilt trip on here. If I don't have enough money to go to FL & NY, I'm for sure going to go to Florida no matter what.

Thank you for the donation!

6. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

Wow, I am the perfect person for this question. Having gone to Washington in my ASB field trip in 8th grade and to New York for my 9th grade ASB field trip, I must say that going to New York is the better choice hands down. I probably enjoyed New York twice as much as I did Washington. New York is one of the highlights of my life.

7. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

I love Washington, DC....I absolutely hate New York....the people I saw, the atmosphere, everything...

Although one day doesn't give you a chance to even see an 1/8th of what Washington, DC has to offer, it would be worth it. Ah, now I want to go back again :(

Boo dirty New York
    Yay Washington, DC

8. xy14 thread starter macrumors 6502

xy14

Right now it's:

3 New York
    2 Washington
    1 Minneapolis (lol)
    $5

9. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Washington is historic, be prepared for tours and museums and the like.

New York is exciting, and incredibly fun. I would definitely say New York unless you're into History... Washington D.C. is trying to seem more lively, but its not.

Actually, Philidelphia, PA is more historic than D.C. - D.C. is just government.