new yorker article about prison abuse, etc

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jelloshotsrule, May 21, 2004.

1. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

not sure if it's been linked already...

it's a long read, and quite disturbing... sadly, i'm not all that surprised.

article

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It's VERY disturbing when conspiracy theorists are proven right. What is your solution?

3. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'll be voting for nader. :)

but seriously, this shows just how systemic all this really is

it seems like i was the only one who reacted to the "news" of the abuse with "of course they do that..." i am entirely sickened by it, but at the same time, it seemed obvious to me that it goes on in these types of things? it seems like police would do this type of thing, but lower scale. i can see how it being military, and that much more secret, it's happening much worse, and more widespread than just what we hear.

it will be very very sad if only privates, etc get punished for this....

4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Jello,

it has been linked to a couple times already, but it is one of those articles that is a must read for anyone who wants to be informed about this scandal.

Still don't understand how you can be planning on voting for Nader in these circumstances. I can only hope you are in one of those "true blue" states, like New York or California.

5. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ah, sorry for the repeat then. i guess that explains the lack of interest. ;)

i only finished reading the article recently as i'm a bit... slow.

as for nader.. i'm in pa right now. though will probably be in md by the time the election comes around. i'm not 100% sure yet, as it will depend on where i am, what the poll numbers are looking like there, etc. the fact is, the more i read about the incompetence of the clinton era with things like cleaning up the environment, corporate corruption, etc, the more i realize that as good as everyone thought clinton was, he really wasn't. granted, bush is far worse. and worse than kerry. but i would rather cast my vote for someone who i respect and agree with on most issues... if kerry starts talking about some universal health care, and other more social issues, then maybe i'll listen. but for now, his most notable social issue is gay marriage, which he's against... :rolleyes: