New Yorker here with nothing to do for the summer.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hummer, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Well I have nothing better to do with my summer so today I visited the cube! It's huge!!!! Well the cube itself isn't as big as it looks in pictures but the store itself was bigger than I thought it would be. Anyone know what that little hallway by the iPod Genious Bar is for? It looks so secretive and exclusive (I'm pretty sure it's only stock :p)

So yea I also made a goal dealing with most Mac owners' favorite past time (xD). I'm visiting every Starbucks on the island of Manhattan and documenting it on a blog (www.starbuckers.blogspot.com) with nothing other than my ibook and a camera.

Any other New Yorkers here doing something exciting for their summer in New York City or have something fun they would recommend doing?

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I recommend going to Splash on Thursday nights, Opaline on Friday nights, Heaven on Saturday nights, and Spirit on Sunday nights :).

e

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

There is a free concert going on every freaking weekend of the summer...I went to one on saturday and got another on Friday....yea!

Bless

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

How many Starbuckses, Starbucki, or whatever the plural form of Starbucks is, are there on Manhattan

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Theres is like a starbucks on every corner.....manhattan runs from 1st street to maybe 148st(i think) the point is thats a lot.

Dude doing the starbucks project...sounds cool and you do have a lot of time on your hand.

Bless

6. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

How can one be bored in NYC? Come to my city and I'll show you true boredom.

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, I've been to Manhattan and noticed a TON of Starbucks, but wasn't really sure how many. I figured maybe the OP knew....

9. Hummer thread starter macrumors 65816

Hummer

Well I didn't decide to do this without research . There are nearly 200. I looked on the starbucks website.

That's in Jersey, and way too far.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I lived on Union Square, and there were 2 Starbucks in the park. One right under me at Union Square West, and another across the park at Union Square East. How silly is that?

e