New Yorkers: Best Italian?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Aug 26, 2006.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'm going to NYC for the billionth time and sad to say I've not decided what the best Italian place is. I want to go somewhere nice for my birthday, which is when I'll be there. Any ideas, anyone?

2. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    personally i reckon the best Italian restaurant in NYC is actually in Queens, an area called Ridgewood. now it's been about 4-5 years since I've been and I really cannot remember the name of it, Tony's or something typically NY/Italian. real good food, and very cheap too. I believe I actually saw it fairly recently (2-3yrs?) in Time Out NY as one of the best Italian places to eat. Should be easy enough to find really.

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

What do you think is the best in Little Italy?

4. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

haven't been to too many places in Little Italy...honestly, there's much better outside of that area.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Crap, I ate at some place in Little Italy about a year ago and for the life of me, can't remember what it's called. It was excellent though. All I remember was that it had outside seating in a little garden area in the back.

6. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Funny, I can tell you the best of every food in NY, just not Italian. I must've walked around Little Italy for two hours and all I saw was chinese places and closed Italian places. I finally had to go to chinatown to get my Italian, which was quite good, I must say. :rolleyes:

There is a great cuban place around there... excellent food. I will also take the opportunity to suggest 'tao', on the corner of central park east and south (I think). Get the meal that involves a hot rock that you cook meat on. *drool*

There's also a great South American place on broadway, a little north of the museum. Its on the west side of the street.

Now Im starving. grrrr!
    off to the küche...I mean, erm, cucina...

7. ProjektJ macrumors member

the best italian place is johns, on 12 st and 2nd ave, its been around forever, afterwards, scoot over to venieros on 11th and 1st for amazing canoli

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I know that place...ate there like three times already...always a good time there. They have this nice little Italian place in SoHo(can't remeber the name) the best pasta around.

Cafe cerole is really nice as well...its between E110-120th street.

Bless