New Zelda will use revolution controller

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tommyg117, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

2. kballard macrumors newbie

Ooh, interesting. Closest they came to saying this previously was that it could take advantage of the Revolution, but this looks like a definite yes to the controller itself.

3. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

This will be very interesting... but I dunno, I just think it would be awkward swinging the revolution controller around if your friends are in the room (that's assuming they don't know what the hell you are doing)

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I expect that an actual Zelda game would rely more on flicks of the wrist rather than actually forcing you to swing your hands around for long periods of time.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They should sell a full size Link sword controller.:p

6. FireArse macrumors 6502a

hey

Would they charge a premium for the 'Master Sword'?!

I would still buy it though!

7. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

very sweet, can't wait to see what we'll be doin' with that baby.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is just too great for words. though I have been saying that there will be some compatibility for a long time now ;) cummon guys... it was obvious!

9. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

Who cares bout that controller, the game also got DELAYED. damn

o well, gives me some more time to play some ps2 games.

10. i.Feature macrumors 6502

i.Feature

As much as thet thought of this excites me i think i may hold off on any of the next gen systems for awhile.

11. jdechko macrumors 68040

Or maybe you have to locate the sword in the game and they give you a unique code and you send it in to them (along with money) and they send you the Master Sword contoller. That would be kinda neat... a real world reward (for once) for finding something in the game.

EDIT: I want that Rev skin! :eek: Though the light looks green rather than the "standard" blue... so maybe its a limited edition Rev. In which case, I want one.

Attached Files:

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

that is a fake image :) just a mock up. as much as I'd love a Zelda skin and that.

me and the OP for two! I'm glad its delayed. I'm not playing this with composite cables. Rev+VGA/DVI+Twilight Princess for me. plus the most realistic (at the time) virtual sword fighting, bows, fishing, boomerang on what is cited as the greatest Zelda game ever... *ecstasy*

13. jdechko macrumors 68040

Curse you for raining on my parade. :(

But if you look at the file name it's "Rev_zelda_skin" leading me to have the glimmer of hope that it may well be a skin.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

mate! This is Nintendo. There have been Zelda flavours of pretty much all their machines. There will be one :) hopefully just before somebody breaks my original Rev :rolleyes:

15. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yeah, I know what you mean. Fortunately, I devised a good plan to get a DS lite, and my wife went for it. I sold my DS to get the money for the component cables, cause I'd use the cables more currently than the DS. Then when the Rev. comes out and there's the DS/Rev Wi-Fi link, I'll pick up a new DS lite :D .

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Oh this is good news...i hate the delayed thing because i want to play it now. I really don't care for the control part just the game. I can imagine people getting wrist sprains.

Bless