New Zelda

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

In the crap-but ultimately-good news dpt, PH has been delayed until the end of next year. Hopefully, they'll have removed all that sailing.

How can you even suggest that???

3. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yeah, seriously, Jimmi. That wouldn't be the Wii Zelda (as we'd want it to be). I'd speculate something along the lines of a direct sequel to TP using the same engine as TP, but heavily modified to make the control scheme integral (not that it wasn't/isn't on TP, but many say that it feels "tacked on"--don't know, haven't played it).

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Well Shigsy did say TP would be the last Zelda "as we know it"

:D

I would be sick to my back teeth if a Zelda Kart game appears. Seems to be the only long-running game series that hasn't sold out. No Chocobo/kart racing, no pinball games etc. Nintendo have done well keeping it pure so far.

Yea bad news with PH, I think. Still trying hard to get excited by that game.

5. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

A sequel to Zelda would be great, one that uses the same engine, just like Majora's mask was to OoT. I can't wait for Mario Galaxy. It sounds like its more based on Mario 64 than Mario Sunshine which is *excellent* since Mario 64 is actually fun as opposed to Mario Sunshine!!

6. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Perhaps a Holiday 2007 release? If not then, I doubt we will see it until 2008, which seems more likely to me.

But hey, Holiday 2007 seems to be the time everyone else is planning to release their killer apps (e.g. Halo 3), so why not? :)

7. jdechko macrumors 68040

Good point. I'm sitting here trying to think of how they'd do a Wii version of Zelda that's different, yet still remains true to the series. As was mentioned, it's one series that hasn't sold out.

I guess that's why Miyamoto is in charge. :)

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Whoopee. Nintendo announce a new Zelda & Mario. :) :eek:

Yes well they do that with all of them, and despite years of promise by the time the title actually arrives its on their next hardware.

I wont hold my breath on any release date in the next 3 years ;)

9. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Zelda racing... That would be too much cheese. :)

The Wii controls compliment Zelda TP wonderfully and only have only enhanced the gameplay. The only area they feel tacked on to me, is when looking through the zoom mask. You can uses the Wiimote's "-" and "+" to zoom in and out, which is good, but the available icon options are a bit odd, which they setup because you're required to aim with the thumb-stick. They should've kept it the Wiimote, which works so freaking well for any other item that requires first person aiming.

Just using the Wiimote to look around, instead of using the thumb-stick makes a huge difference.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a 100% Wii Wind Waker sequel. This game has so many great things going for it, that sadly most peeps couldn't push their shallow-opinions asside to try out. :rolleyes:

I agree MacRumorUser. It's always a few years later it seems. :)

<]=)

10. jdechko macrumors 68040

But we all know why it is that the games keep getting delayed. Yeah, were looking at you, Shigeru. :)

Anyway, I'd rather the game be good, but late, rather than be early and suck. Of course, if it's early and good, that's fine by me too.

11. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Could this rush to get another Zelda game out stem from a fear on Nintendo's behalf that the third-party support will once again be lacklustre? :confused:

12. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Probably not. We have to remember that Twilight Princess shipped almost 2 years behind schedule. TP could have simply almost catched up with the next planned Zelda release.

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

14. jdechko macrumors 68040

Right, according to this article, Wii Zelda is already about a year underway.

15. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Did anyone read the Games Radar article that Jimmi linked to? I thought what Shigy said was very promising...

If this is true, could Mario Galaxy becoming another stepping stone in the 3d platformer genre? Sounds almost too good to be true.

Oh and is it just me, or would other people like to see the next wii zelda as cel shaded?

Bummer for Phantom Hourglass. Must put you on the back burner of my desires and let you simmer.

16. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

17. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It does kind of make sense since that first trailer did show mario runnin' around on a globe like thing. Which I thought was one of the coolest trailer ever. So many Marios.

I hope they make another WW cel shaded style one. WW link rules!

18. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Well there were two Zelda titles on N64, and three on GameCube, so this doesn't seem like a stretch... (not to mention the number of Zeldas on gameboy systems now).

19. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

why must every brand get constant crap spinoffs? Can't Zelda remain a fresh franchise? It's a little sad that you bring up a Zelda Kart game Jimmi, actually its really sad

20. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Hey I don't want a Zelda racing game! I just looked up at my GC collection and Mario Kart was first there. Zelda Party? *urgh*
    I am interested where they will take Zelda from here though. The story needs a drastic change, but nothing rubbish. I only expect perfection from the series.

Re: the whole Mario 128 thing.

I've been reading about this game for years now. Shigsy said Mario 128 had some kind of new gameplay that would be revolutionary (even think he used that exact word, way before Mario Sunshine was out). That Mario 64 was just 60% of what he originally planned, that 128 would complete that 60%. Gameplay so secret it's been under lock and key.

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Two on N64, but majora's mask was basically a rehash of Ocarina underneath it, so hardly a new game parsay.

3 on gamecube...

WindWaker great love that game, 4 Swords.. just didnt do it for me, it was more about novelty of gba swapping than story and lets face it if somthing looking like that took 3 years we'd be peeved.

Twilight princess... well in that case should we discount it for wii, seeing as it really is cube title. ;)

But I didnt say that there wouldnt be one, just dont expect it anytime soon. I think if we see Mario Galaxy before Nov 2007 we will be lucky, let alone a sequel to it or Zelda...

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It'll probably never happen, but I'd like to see Nintendo alternate. Give me one realistic Zelda, then one WW-style cel-shaded Zelda.

23. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Whaaa!?!>!>! Have you taken crazy pills? Apart from the game engine, the two are practically NOTHING alike!

(and just to nitpick, the word in bold is spelled "per se" - latin for 'by itself')

24. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sorry your right on both accounts. I was getting mixed up with Majora's mask and the Ocarina Master Quest edition :rolleyes: (so is that 3 then for the N64)

per se ;) got it :D

(and just to nitpick, the word in bold is spelled "what" - as in 'what ever' :p )

25. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Maybe we will get a Zelda game that takes place in the future. Imagine this: It is the distant future and the ancient hero of legend has reawakened, once again, to stop a looming menace. Cyborg Gannon has been resurrected and only link can save the world. The Kingdom of Hyrule is now the Republic of Hyrule. Advanced technology is everywhere (ships, computers, energy weapons, etc.). Link now has a hover bike which he calls "Epona" instead of a horse.

Or: Link is mysteriously transported to another dimension....modern day Earth....but something has followed him. Link has to stop this evil presence, save the Earth and find a way to get back home....

Both of these would be a change of pace. Or how about a Zelda card based game (ala Baten Kaitos)? :D