Newbie DV import question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by harveypooka, Jul 14, 2006.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Showing my lack of knowledge here...when importing DV video from a camcorder into iMovie (or with Final Cut Express if I buy it) do you have to play the video to import it? Or is there a way of 'speeding' through or fast copying? I guess not since it's a tape but my camera came with no manual and previously I just used footage from my Canon camera.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yeah the DV transfer happens at 1x speed. Not much you can do about that.

I haven't played much with it on the Mac, but for Windows I had a program that would do a quick scan of the tape for cataloguing purposes...

B

3. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Well there is Magic iMovie, go to iMovie and click Magic iMovie and let it go through the tape overnight, you will wake up and your scenes will be on your computer :)

With Magic iMovie you can add transistions and stuff and music

4. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, ta. I see the advantages of an HD DV Camcorder now. Another quick question, iMovie has started to import all my clips as one clip. I've changed nothing on the camcorder and press the record button as usual to start and press it again to pause. Any ideas why it would suddenly change? I don't fancy importing everything into Quicktime to chop it up...