newbie here iphoto empty

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i-sidd, Jan 8, 2007.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

I got my new MB two days ago, but I am having problems with iphoto. I had uploaded some pcitures yesterday and day before. I looked for software update and updated whatever it showed should be updated.
    Now when I am looking at my iphoto its all empty everything is gone. However when I go to the Mac HD and click on pictures and then on iphoto library and click on Originals there is another folder called 2007 when I clicked that it had folders called Roll1 to Roll 123.

When I clicked on any of the roll it showed me a single picture under each of the roll. The pictures are the same that I had transfered. I don't know why this is happenning should I take it to the store.

I also did a firmware update yesterday when it asked me to do after the software update. I then shutdown the Mb and today morning when I opened iphoto, everything was gone.

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Not sure what has happened there, maybe something to do with the update.

However in iPhoto you should be able to import the photos back from their file location:

• Open iPhoto
    • File -> Import to Library
    • Locate the originals folder and click import

That shoudl do it for you

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

That's unusual, but try rebuilding your iPhoto library. Hold the Command and Option keys, open iPhoto, and wait until it prompts you to rebuild the library.

Otherwise just add them back in manually. You can just drag and drop them to the iPhoto window.