NEWBIE just returned to MAC yay!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ourmiraclechris, Aug 13, 2006.

1. ourmiraclechris macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2006
    Hey I am Stephanie. I am reborn to mac. I started on a g3 233 back in the day. I bought it new and it was running mac os 8.1 After upgrading to os 9 it started to act weird. Being cheap I went and got a dell :( Well I am back to a mac. Today I did an impulse buy and got mac mini. It was awesome hearing the mac start up music. I am so happy. :)
  2. _Matt macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2005
    Congratulations! Welcome home!

You have come to the right place if you ever need advice or need to satisfy your mac rumor cravings.

edit: 200TH POST! OH YEA!
  3. ourmiraclechris thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2006
    Thanks congrats on your 200th :) I am so happy to have a mac again :) I must have lost my mind buying a dell UGH!
  4. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Welcome back to the best "cult" around. :)

I hope you and OS X get along well. Don't hesitate to ask questions around here. This is a good place, good people.
  5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

Aug 7, 2005
    Up the irons
    I'm feeling an impulse to buy a Mac right now too ;) But my wallet is saying NO-NO untill september.
  6. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Oct 8, 2004
    lat: 55.7222°N, long: 13.1971°E
    Been there done that

I had a 512 back in the days, when I was more or less forced to play with VAX-computers instead. Got bored of it all. Went eventually to the dark side (dell) and stayed there until I had serious crash that deleted weeks of my work ( I work in research). After a couple of hours cursing MS and Gates in particular, I called Apple and ordered a Mac. That was two years ago... Still no crashes (touch wood)
  7. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Welcome back to the light ourmiraclechris, I hope that you are enjoying your new Mac Mini. :)
  8. ourmiraclechris thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2006
    I am loving life right now!!!! Thanks for all the positive responses. I made my first movie tonight YAY!!!! I am just freaking out at what I couldn't do before. God I have been cursing windows ever since the POS Dell came into my house about 3 1/2 years ago :eek:

And Kingyaba I bought this from Costco. It started with them in May at $699 it is the mini mac g4 non intel, mac clearanced them . I was debating back then on if I should buy it and I put it down. Well I was walking by it today (on my way to get cat food,hamburger meat, eggs, soda and bottled water) and HOLY COW it was down to $499. They had thee left! I couldn't pass it up! And if it was screaming buy me just for imovies they also had buy one get one free on DVD+R's I got 200 for $39. So that was it. I did hesitate a little because who has $500 just laying around for impulse kwim?
    Here are my specs

1.42 Ghz Processor
    512MB Ram
    Superdrive (DVD burner)
    DVI/VGA Out
    80 Gig Hard Drive

Brand New (In Box) Bluetooth Mouse and Bluetooth Keyboard

Apple Care 3 Year (Unregistered)

But it is definitely making me happy tonight! I CANNOT WAIT to put my mac stciker on my car. Man I missed my mac! The cool thing is I thought I was going to be rusty and that X would confuse me but it is like riding a bike. I fell right into my groove again. I am so glad I am back!
  9. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2005
    And it was like... beep beep beep beep.. and it devoured my paper... I had to like, write it again, and it wasn't as good.. it was a bummer

:D If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you need to rethink your position in this "cult".
  10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
  11. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6

Nice setup ourmiraclechris. My only suggestion would be to upgrade the RAM to 1GB (the PowerPC based Mac Minis limit)- I find that 1GB of RAM is essentially the minimum amount needed to run Mac OS X comfortably. :)
  12. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    Ellen? :p