Newbie on iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cali shot doc, Jan 26, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Nov 11, 2011
    I have alot of music that I ripped from cd's years ago and they are all at 160kbps mp3. I'm going to be getting a new iMac and figured as i transfered my music I want the better quality. Instead of re-ripping the cd's can I use iTunes Match and download from iCloud the "matched" songs for the higher quality? I'm not all that interested in the streaming feature at this point. Next question is will I have to stay subscribed to the surface to keep what I have downloaded?
  2. macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2012
    Southampton, UK
    Yes once matched you can download the higher quality tracks/albums to your computer.

No you do not have to subscribe for a second year, once those tracks/albums are downloaded to your computer at higher quality they are yours forever.
  3. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Sep 16, 2010
    Ky Close to CinCinnati
    I just went through the same thing. iTunes matched about 95% of my songs. So you may still have to re-rip some of them. If you download the matched version then yes you will be able to keep them after your subscription ends.