newbie :(

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by daniel77, Mar 20, 2003.

1. daniel77 macrumors 6502

Ok I am switching to a mac in a few months, and I am making preparations for it, like getting drivers and such for peripherals. One such peripheral is my HP Deskjet 932c printer. I went to the HP website and they have full Mac OS X support for it, showing "drivers, supports, information, etc"-all for Mac OS X. This is highly reassuring. Where my question is however, is how would I connect it to the ibook? After all, it connects via an IEEE 1284 port, and I am pretty sure its IEEE 1394 on the macs.

Can any one help?

Also there looks to be an ethernet port to the right of this port, if that is an ethernet port would I be able to use that to connect it to the laptop instead of the 1284 connection.

Thanks for helping a noob out :D

-Daniel

2. Bear macrumors G3

Re: newbie :(

Actually you're probably looking at its USB port. So all you need is a USB cable and you're all set.

Before trying to install the HP print drivers, see if the print drivers that come with OS X work. This is true for a good number of HP printers and saves you from having to load new priint drivers from HP everytime something changes in the OS that the HP drivers don't like.

3. daniel77 thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: Re: newbie :(

I cant really tell since its in the dark :p under a desk in the bult-in "printer" holder :p

thank you soo much :D

4. szark macrumors 68030

szark

A quick search on google verified that the printer has parallel and USB ports.

So follow Bear's suggestion.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

6. daniel77 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks guys :p I really feel welcome coming to this site-its like a community, except without crime :)

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

a community that hates newbies :)
    jpjp
    well you're switching that's great!
    hope you like your mac :)

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I hope your next post says newbie : ) instead of newbie : ( !

P.S. Is there a way to post the text version of a smilie without having it translated to a graphic? I had to insert extra spaces to make this post look (almost) right.

9. szark macrumors 68030

szark

When you are posting, check the "Disable Smilies in This Post" checkbox under Options.

:D

10. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

:)i was wondering what that button did.:p i wanted to get a little retro and not have graphics :D