NewEgg can't handle the traffic

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by roland.g, Nov 23, 2007.

1. macrumors 603

Apr 11, 2005
    One mile up and soaring
    NewEgg can't handle the Black Friday traffic. If you do get a page, you will probably not get through to the next page. I've only been trying to browse, I can imagine how frustrating it might be for someone trying to checkout from there.

Note to those guys: if you're going to have sales, you better have servers!
  2. macrumors 68000

Sep 22, 2006
    Does newegg even have black friday sales? They barely make a profit with each sale as it is, I doubt they have much room to drop the price on most of their stuff before they start losing money.
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2007
    Really? I didn't know that...
  4. macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2004
    London, UK
  5. macrumors regular

Aug 22, 2007
    I received an email from them this morning with a bunch of specials only for today that are not listed on the website. The site does seem slower than normal than usual. I would suggest just waiting a few hours. Ive been a customer since 2001 & they havent let me down yet. I ordered 4gb of RAM the other day on monday afternoon. It arrived at my house on Wednesday afternoon (with free shipping).
  6. macrumors 68040

Oct 11, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    newegg is a retailer. They have black friday sales. I mean if Apple would have a sale, then everyone would.
  7. macrumors regular

Sep 15, 2006
    Agreed, I could understand how traditional brick and mortar stores would have trouble transitioning to ecommerce, but what I don't understand is why they don't seem to learn from the mistakes of others.