Newest Battlestar Fracking Awesome! *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gammamonk, Sep 25, 2005.

1. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

Did everybody see this weeks Battlestar Galactica? It was so awesome. I won't tell you what happened. But you have to see it.

Episode 210 for those of us without whatever channel it's on.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Did it have something to do with robots?

3. gammamonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

That was a pretty funny comment, I admit. But I really think you need to watch from the beginning. This is the best Sci-Fi drama ever handsdown.

Did you know when they cancelled the original 1970's show a kid killed himself over it?

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, I have seen bits of it an did quite enjoy it (I'm not a huge sci-fi fan but I do appreciate decent shows) but just felt like chucking a smart-arse comment into the mix cause I felt like it.

And no I didn't know why they cancelled the first series - that's pretty f*cked up - I don't understand the obsessive nature of some people sometimes.

5. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

This was a great episode!
    2.09 was great as well!

Loved what they built - although I think that story line would have been better over several episodes... and as for 2.10! WOW! How much can they put in one episode!

But WHY do we have to wait until Jan 06 now the the second half?!?!?!?!!
    AHHHH!

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

yes it was a kick ass episode, now i just need to find out of season one is on DVD yet

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

8. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    It jumped the shark in spades. Think Valerie's Family after Valerie Left. Think Principal Fonzie, think Ellen and all her new gay friends.

It was bad...

It went from totally cool to totally @$$ in one 4 hour miniseries where they found Earth.

9. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

OK< are we talking about the original series, Galactica 1980 or the new battlestar?

10. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I agree with your observation. When I watched it, I got so tired of seeing that cute kid and that gosh awful mechanical dog thing. Plus I think that the TOS Battlestar costed a lot of money for the special effects.

Now, the current Battlestar is an utterly brilliant re-thinking and reworking of what was basically a cheesy, badly written and acted exploitation of the Star Wars craze. It kicks as much a*s as TOS sucked.

11. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

It's also on Netflix!

12. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I just bought it at Best Buy today i got the UK version I need to buy the mini-series now.

13. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

? The US version that just came out comes with the mini-series.

14. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Annoyingly we need to buy the mini-series separately for some reason. Still, its only around £10, so doesn't break the bank :D

BSG is the reason I stopped watching Enterprise - BSG does sci-fi right. Even my none-scifi lovin' housemate loves it - I put on the season one DVD's and she was well into it after one episode - and she hasn't even seen the mini-series!

2.10 was fantastic - but then they always seem to produce the goods IMO. I just don't get this mid-season break thing you guys in the States seem to inflict on most series. Its been done to SG1 and SG: Atlantis too - they get to episode 10 and you've got to wait until next January!! Not fair! Mind you, by then they would have started showing series two on Sky, so it may segway in quite nicely into the second hald of series two.....

15. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Isn't BSG something like voted the third best sci-fi show of all time?

16. gammamonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

OMG, you can't be serious. JANUARY???

17. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Really? The original series or the new one? I'll always have a special place in my heart for the original ( I have a Viper and a Cylon Raider as a kid!) but the new series is just unbelieveably good...

'fraid so..... :(

18. gammamonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

19. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah, finally caught 2.10. Great stuff...

Delay is that they are off the normal USA TV schedule which is just starting up (as I am sure you know). Them and Stargate.

20. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

yeah
    sigh
    Doesn't mean I have to like it though!!

21. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I do not watch that show just because of the camera movements. I know they want to make it as a "war documentary" type but is really anoying and I think the plots are really childish already. Good renders though.

22. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I love the new BSG.

The season finale was friggin intense.

I can't believe we have to wait so long to see what happens!

ARGH!

23. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its interesting to see some similarities between the original and new shows. In the season finale, Admiral Cain and the Pegasus were also in the original show - excerpt taken from www.battlestargalactica.com (these are plot synopsis from two shows

In the new show, I think something of the same thing is going to happen - Cain will force an attack on the new, huge Cylon ship (after the issues with Starbuck getting the pics of the Cylon mystery ship the Pegasus mission will fail to do, and Helo and Tyrol are taken back to Galactica).

Cain is a great character - you just love to hate her :D

D

24. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

I have a friend of mine who thinks the same way. Is it that the camera movement makes you queasy? That is his case. As for the plots, did you watch the original at all? looking back at the original and comparing the two the new seems so much more mature. JMHO..

25. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

"I think the plots are really childish already"

um... the destructions of the human race, death, terrorism, alchoholism, racism and warcrimes (including rape) are childish? hmm... maybe i'm lost on it. I think it's one of the most serious shows on television.

I can't wait for next season...

I rarely notice the shaky camera that everyone complains about... the only time i see it is in battles situations, and i think it adds a nice effect. BUT i can sympathize, as blair witch project made me vomit.

lol