Newest Napster Commercial

Discussion in 'Community' started by ftaok, Apr 28, 2005.

1. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Has anyone seen the newest Napster commercial? The basic premise is that there are two guys, one who uses Napster and one who doesn't. Both have dates and are trying to impress them.

Apparently, with access to millions of songs, the Napster guy has access to music to "get her in the mood". The non-Napster (NNG) guy is fat and slobby, therefore his choice of music is not appropriate (i.e. Me So Horny - 2LiveCrew).

Anyways, the commercial goes on and the Napster guy is getting close to "scoring" when his parents walk in. The girl storms off and he chases after her. He passes by the NNG and does a double take. The NNG is doing some sort of wierd dance and his date is kneeling at his side. WTF?!?!?!

I'd say that the NNG did better with his date than the Napster guy. What ad agency put this one out. Let's make sure Apple never uses them.

ft

2. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

Steve would go mental if Apple used ads like this, Steve is mr perfectionist

When Napster just came to Canada, they had some really lame video on their website welcoming Canadians, it was pretty rude of a video, basically a video of how Americans think Canadians are.. then again I don't know a *a* person from Canada who uses Napster

3. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I saw that terrible Napster ad yesterday, and my impression was "wait, so, which is better?"

4. ftaok thread starter macrumors 601

ftaok

That was exactly my impression as well. I can't see Napster surviving for much longer. First they had those horrible Superbowl ads, now this.

They really don't understand how to get their message across. If viewers are left scratching their heads, then the commercial didn't work.