Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
I was just browsing the German Apple website and saw under the iOS 9 preview a complete description of the "all new" Apple News app. So I'm wondering, since the News app only launches in the US, UK and Australia, if other countries get it anyway but with no country-specific content?

Any developer with e.g. the German iOS 9 beta here, who can tell if it has the News app?

Thanks!
marvz

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I don't understand why they don't release it everywhere at the same time. I don't care about curated content in Swedish. All my news sources are in English.

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
The FAQ on the developer site says the following.

1. When will News be available?

News will soon be available to developers in the iOS 9 Developer Beta. News will be available to the public in iOS 9.

2. What languages is News available in?

At this time, News is available in English.

3. Where will News be available?

Currently, News is available to iOS 9 users in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Yeah, this is pretty stupid, let me pick my own content, that's why Flipboard is awesome.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Yeah, this is pretty stupid, let me pick my own content, that's why Flipboard is awesome.
You can pick your own content just like you would with Flipboard.
It's pretty strange they made a big description page for the News app even it won't be available in e.g. Germany.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
You can pick your own content just like you would with Flipboard.
It's pretty strange they made a big description page for the News app even it won't be available in e.g. Germany.
Then there's really no reason to just launch in three countries... Like some guy above said, I don't even care for local stories, let me get US stories and done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.