News from Alaska: Honor Student Kills Mother

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by chanoc, Nov 24, 2004.

1. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

Story

So far this month an 18-year-veteran Alaska State Trooper was charged with 16 counts of rape, a prominent business man pleads guilty to multiple counts of distributing drugs to minors in exchange for sex (including a pregnant minor teenage girl), and now this! Oh, what were 24-year-olds doing with a 16-year-old girl? Sounds like the education system does not teach critical thinking skills. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

<bumper sticker>"My child is a homocidal honor student at Craig High School"</bumper sticker>

3. *Y* macrumors regular

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Just plain sick

I hope they lock them up and throw away the key at the very least. Not sure if the daughter will be tried as an adult since shes only 16.

5. chanoc thread starter macrumors 6502

chanoc

Believe me, in Alaska they really do throw away the key. The state of Alaska gets federal money for keeping those beds occupied. No death penalty here, but the typical sentencing rage for murder is 99 years per count. So the two adults would be eligable for parole around the age of 90; not sure about the girl.

6. acceber macrumors regular

How sad. I'm a 17 year old girl/woman and I've been really mad with my mother but I've never thought of actually murdering her to solve my problems...that's so tragic... :(

Kinda makes you wonder what people will do these days to solve their issues...and if a 16 year old is any indication...

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Love the headline. What does being an honour student have to do with being a murderer? Doing homework doesn't mean that your daughter has less of a chance of being a psycho.

And 2 ex-boyfriends plus a 16 year old girl killed her mom......how old were the two 24 year olds when they dated the girl? 14? 15? Possibly 9? :rolleyes:

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

They all look older than their stated age. I wonder what the issues were that led a 16 year old to such an act. My prayers are with the mother's family and friends. It is just so sad that Rachelle has essentially ruined such a bright life.

9. chanoc thread starter macrumors 6502

chanoc

Rachel's Online Journal

Since the news got out about the murder the journal has been hit with thousands of visitors.

10. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Observations:

- she's an honor student with a very bad English
    - she gets grounded for a 89% in a math test? Nice mum.
    - she is grounded a lot
    - she is suicidal, homocidal and happy at the same time... I guess she decided on one

All pretty sad but interesting to read.

11. chanoc thread starter macrumors 6502

chanoc

I am assuming this, but it seems that using poor English is hip amongst American teens. :rolleyes:

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A very troubled teen that didn't get the help that she needed. Interesting on her last post, "My mother was murdered." :(

13. akboarder24 macrumors member

wow...

man, I sure do miss home. Last year a mom killed her 3 kids while they were sleeping, two of the brothers were my good friends. (went to service in anc.) I'm tellin' ya, the drink and the dark get to people really quick up in AK. This is horrible news...not too much crazy stuff like this comes out of the woods that often.

14. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Sounds like she might have bipolar disorder (otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder). She may be psychologically impaired.

15. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Just more evidence why girls shouldn't hang around older guys.

You're not as mature as you think.

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It's a very strong possibility. Never the less she wasn't being treated or she wasn't taking her medications. Many patients don't like the side effects and end up stopping treatment on their own. In a free society people can't be forced to seek treatment. Then sadly for those with a severe case that are violent prone, it leaves it to the courts for treatment. Mental illness is very ethically challenging to deal with.

17. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray