News of the Weird

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by zelmo, Apr 13, 2005.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Anyone ever read through this? My boss at work used to get this mailed to him, and would bring it in so we could have a good laugh an someone else's expense.

2. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

he, reading that is a quite entertaining way to waist your time ;)

A

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It is weird, can see the point that if you don't try nothing will ever be accomplished. The weird part is that after loosing 10 fingers and most of his toes to frostbite, he thought the trip was worth the trouble. Quite a bit of pain, but no noticeable gain. Unless that now he has leaned his lesson, planning should be the first priority.

4. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Now I don't want to hear how the US is the only place with frivilous lawsuits:

Not My Fault: In separate incidents, trespassers Philip Dederer, 20, in Australia and Carl Murphy, 18, in England were awarded the equivalent of around US$1 million each in March after they were injured, even though blatantly trespassing on private property. Dederer, now a paraplegic, had disregarded "no diving" signs and continued to jump into the Wallamba River until an accident occurred. A sympathetic judge regarded the signs inadequate, in that none said that diving was "dangerous." Murphy, now partially blinded and with 17 metal plates in his head from a 40-foot fall in a warehouse, claimed that if a perimeter fence had not been broken, he never would have gotten in to have his accident. [News Limited (Australia), 3-18-05] [Daily Telegraph (London), 3-20-05, 3-24-05]

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Great stuff, used to read it in DC all the time - they don't carry it in any papers around here in Indiana, though. A lot of good Darwin Award candidates and another favorite is the criminals with a middle name of "Wayne" :D

D

6. cait-sith macrumors regular

As someone from Winnipeg, I cringed at the thought of crossing over the border in the middle of winter ON FOOT. I don't even go in my car lest there may be car troubles...

Welcome to the NORTH!