Newsweek - OK, Mac, Make a Wish

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 25, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

That is great, and it makes sense too. That is exactly what Microsoft is doing. Going after profits and letting the product go to hell. This could be the beginning of the end.

3. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

I must say I hadnt quite thought of it like that. I guess you could say a few cracks are beginning to appear in Microsofts armour. Mind you considering what they are worth, their market share and how much CASH they have in their large piggy bank, and their main form of income from certain mainstay desktop applications, I would say that it would be a long while yet before any such wishfull thinking like their demise could ever occur.

4. macrumors G5

nagromme

I see Newsweek got in the oft-parrotted jab at "rabid apple-heads." As if people complaining to journalists aren't often pointing out genuine errors! Mac reporting is rife with them--so corrections may be expected. Immature and negative ones too? Yes--but no more so with "apple-heads" than with any other segment of the Internet population.

Still, gotta keep that stereotype going :D

5. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I just got that Newsweek issue. The best line in the article is this one:
    Their point is that the GUI introduced to the public with the Macintosh in 1984 is now the only interface anyone uses, Windows or Mac.