newton 2100?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Muzukun, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Muzukun macrumors regular

Hey,

I'm a college student looking around for a PDA, mainly I'm going to overdose on alot of programs and what not so I need to keep track of names, email, schedules, things that pop up in my life, and just about anything else I can stuff into a PDA. I've had a few so far, palm and pocket PC (both which have been taken over by my sister...). I heard about the apple newton 2100 and I'm wondering would it be a worthwhile purchase? I'm 6'3" so the newton's size is actually a pro in my book, but I'm wondering would I be better off with a 2100 or should I get something new for around 100? Also, would I be able to sync it with winXP? Thanks!

2. mkaake macrumors 65816

i got a newt for taking notes and keeping track of meetings and such, and i love the thing... it's addictive.
    it will sync with xp, so long as you have your serial cables. there's a few more choices out there for us mac users (ethernet, appletalk, modem to modem), but it'll still work with the serial cable just fine.

great handheld... very powerful.

if you're not sure about it, buy a cheapo 2100 on ebay... badly scuffed ones can go for 30 bucks or so (that's what i did... wanted to make sure i'd like it), and make your judgements. You'll get a pretty good feel for whether or not the newt is for you...