Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sahil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2001
Bartltt..small place in IL
This is just a follow up to the intriguing new development concerning the, to be released tuesday, "hub"...I would just like to say that the device is most likely going to be handheld type device...an according to macrumors. there was a patent for something and it cant be coincidence that it involves apple and a portable device.
"GigaWire" --- what is it, if you know anything about it pls tell...

thnx

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
firewire...

very doubtful... Giga means 1000, and firewire runs @ 800 megabits/second. I would think that this might have something to do with firewire, but not exactly firewire 2. Possibly a new wired connection to this "tablet"?

-Pete

Purdue CS

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2000
personally... i was also curious when the news first hit. checked all the sites twice.

then i read the little bit - "hint: its not a mac"

i just realised that its not worth it. im not going to overspeculte. because jsut in case i really do find out what it is.

this one is going to be too big to spoil for myself.

Purdue CS

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2000
ok ladies and gentlemen,

im here with my new PB Ti550 - its a work of art.... with a shocker.... i used it for about 20 minutes and the heat kicked in ... it s been 3 hours now and im burning up... its lal right thouhg... i dont mind.....

ordered the powerbook on the day it was announced. 2 hours after the education site came up.

arrived today at 10 am.... quite quick..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.