Next Apple Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cesar, Apr 19, 2004.

1. cesar macrumors member

ProApps have been updated, Motion introduce along with a new file system, xsan. What do you think will next apple new or updated software?

Apple Remote Desktop 2.0. A remote admin tool for heterogeneous networks (Unix/Linux/Windows/Macos). VNC Based. Thinksecret.com posted some information about this.
    Apple Share/Apple Screen/Apple Remote. A companion app for iChatAV, compatible with NetMeeting. Share/Control/Observe multiple desktops. More homebased.
    Apple Keynote 2.0. Updated and many features added to keynote.
    AppleWorks 7.0 or Apple Office 1.0. A LaTeX-based wordprocessor and a XML spreadsheet, plus Keynote 2.0.

More Ideas?

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

ahhhh i dont think so :p

id be satisfied with appleworks 7 (*crosses fingers*) but iirc that XML idea of yours might not work because Microsoft filed a patent claiming XML based word processing files are theirs.

I just want a 10.4 with better networking, an iChat AV that doesnt suck ass, speed.

3. Crikey macrumors 6502

There is no accounting for legal reasoning, but hopefully Microsoft won't make that one stick. OpenOffice.org was releasing their first version with XML-based file formats just about the time Microsoft announced that in a few years Office 2003 would have it.

I don't suppose it's nearly ready yet, but I'll be interested to see what they do with GarageBand 2.0, or '05, or whatever they call it.

Crikey

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

All right, here's my guess:

Mac OS X 10.3.4 update: The first Panther update that actually fixes all the bugs in Panther.

5. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

i don't really understand what all these bugs are... i've heard people talking about these bugs, but what are you talking about specifically? i think panther runs great...

reality

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

Well, for starters...open up a new Finder window, and resize it so that the search toolbar on the upper right-hand corner has to be accessed by a set of >>. Then click on them, and go to Search. Nothing happens.

For dial-up users (such as myself): Panther sometimes can't connect because "A modem error occured." That one I find highly irritating!

Another: (this may only be with my machine, but I doubt) sometimes when I restart my computer, the boot-up never gets passed checking the green light for the caps-lock key, even before the gray screen. So I have to force reboot my computer to get it to boot up correctly.

7. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

I'd like to see Apple Office 1.0 w/Keynote. I'd also like to see if Filemaker could be worked in.

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

FileMaker is going to be revised this summer. FileMaker Mobile 7, FileMaker Server 7, FileMaker Server 7 Advanced, and (this one I think a lot of people are going to like) FileMaker Applications are all due out in the summer of 2004.

(If this comes as a surprise to anyone, then you obviously haven't been reading the May 2004 edition of MacWorld, page 22.)