Next big update OS X

Discussion in 'OS X' started by BrioBriss, Jan 30, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Anyone know what might feature the next version of the Mac OS? I personnally start to prefer Windows 7 to OS X for some reasons. Hope It'll flip and I'll prefer OS again.

Also any thought on when it should be realase?

2. macrumors 68020

10.9? Probably in the summer, but we may get a dev preview of it in the coming weeks like with ML last year.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, great to hear. Talking about that, when the next Apple conference where they should show new Mac Pro/Display etc is rumored to be?

4. simsaladimbamba

WWDC in June probably.

PS: Software update, upgrade--what's the difference?

5. thread starter macrumors regular

6. simsaladimbamba

There is nothing official yet. As you can see, the WWDC site is still caught back in 2012.

Don't be so glad about yearly upgrades of Mac OS X, Apple seems to have it ****ed up in some ways with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and wanted to paint over it with a newer shiny version of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. An upgrade every two years seemed to have fared quite well with Mac OS X before since Mac OS X 10.3 Panther at least, but I guess Apple wants to keep up and go ahead with its OS X version like it does with its iOS version.

But then again, I am not a proponent of Apple's current Mac OS X strategy and am still using the Windows XP of Mac OS X, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, didn't saw it was 2012

Yea, I'm not a huge fan of the Lion update too. I just hope it'll get a better update in the future.