Next Day Shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Krionis, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Krionis macrumors newbie

So, I just bought my MBP from the apple online store(like 6:45 on thursday the 17th). I paid for next day shipping so assuming it ships tomorrow I would expect it the 19th right? Well the apple estimation is the 21st for delivery while the its the 18th for shipping, thats hardly next day. As far as I know UPS and Fedex ship on saturdays so shouldn't I receive it saturday or am i mistaken?. Is apple basing its estimate on the standard free shipping?
    Thanks

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Did you customize it in anyway? That will automatically throw the ship date later...

Plus, although FedEx and UPS deliver on Saturdays, that's usually more expensive... even more so then just Next Day (I think).

3. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

UPS does not delivery on Saturdays.

Apple usually ships FedEx.
    There are 2 overnight options from FedEx

Standard: next business day delivery by 3pm
    Priority: next day (except Sunday) by 10:30 (or 1:30 on Sat.)

I think you are probably looking at recieving a FedEx Standard Overnight so arriving on the 21st is correct. Check the routing info, it will tell you what kind of shipping you are getting.

Hope this helps.

4. Krionis thread starter macrumors newbie

I have standard, there was no other option anything else, does that mean that i mmight have as well have done 2 day and gotten it on monday anyway or do they not only not deliver on saturdays but not even ship on saturdays?

EDIT:I did not customize it but it isnt the shipping date i think is off its the delivery date.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Most companies don't process/ship/ or deliver on Saturdays. It's not officially a business day. :p
    Er, delivery date also depends on the shipping date... So Friday the 18th, Monday the 21st. Bam. Two days.

6. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

UPS and FedEx both "work" on Saturday. They just don't ship, unless you pay.

FedEx 2 day is "delivery in 2 bussiness days." You would have probably gotten it on Tuesday, maybe Monday.

7. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

that close to a weekend, i probably would have saved some money and just gone with the 2-3 day option.. since you'll have paid more to get it monday, whereas someone else who paid less will get it tuesday at worse.

8. Krionis thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah exactly and since i didnt get 2 days i got next day thats what i was trying to figure out.

But anyway thanks for your help guys, MBP monday, woo.

9. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Mine is due Monday too :D

10. Krionis thread starter macrumors newbie

Just for the sake of thread closure my ipod and MBP both shipped on today the seventeenth and apples estimation is delivery tomorrow. So I'm now very glad i paid for next day shipping.

11. DarthBowie macrumors member

How much did you pay for shipping?