Next DS game.... multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Games' started by DavidLeblond, Jun 30, 2006.

1. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Hey guys. I know, another DS thread, sorry. Anyway, I just got my DS about 2 weeks ago with NSMB. I beat the game about a week later. Since then I've been going to the local EB Games to download demos (hey, I'm thrifty) because I'm not sure what my next game is going to be.

I kind of want Castlevania but I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Well today I was in EB Games and some 6 year old saw me pull out my DS to download a demo, and wanted to know what I was doing. I explained that it was wireless, and then I told him how to shut down the demo station because I wanted to try to play him in NSMB, because I've never done it. (hell the only handheld game I've ever played was Tetris on the original gameboy)

So he did, and I pretty much got my ass handed to me by a 6 year old. But I had a lot of fun doing it. So I think my next game needs to be WiFi (just simple multiplayer won't work, I don't know anyone with a DS or any other game system for that matter.) I played the Metroid Hunters demo, and it seemed nice but I'm afraid it will get old quick. And another question, how hard is it to get a WiFi game started? Friend codes and such, is there no way to get in a random game with a stranger?

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

From the sounds of you David I'd recommend giving Tetris a go. Fantastic on mulitplayer and has every bit of the longevity of the original. It's got a few extra game modes which are really well executed as well - 'Push' is probably my favorite over the orignal tetris gameplay. If you enjoyed the orgininal you won't regret this one.

If you're after something a little more gamey then there's Mario Kart DS. If that kind of games up your alley go for it - although for WiFi mutliplayer it can be frustrating as there are a lot of experts out there...

As for random match-ups for all DS WiFi games it's really easy. You just select the option from the multiplayer menu and wait for others to automatically join via an intermediate screen. Piece of cake. When you're done (or well and truly throttled) you just close your machine in indignant disgust :D!

Hope that answers your questions.

3. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Never underestimate the power of 6 year olds:cool: :p

By the way. how old are you:D

4. DavidLeblond thread starter macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

26. :D

5. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

welll theree is something you rdont see anyday:rolleyes: ;)

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Animal Crossing is the only online DS game that I know of that doesn't have the option of a random match.

It gets annoying sometimes waiting for it to match you up, but once you get a game going it's fun :) You either use friend codes, or have it randomly match you up, or have it match you based on ranking or based on location.

I'd recommend Tetris DS, or Mario Kart.

Tetris is especially nice because you can choose between two or four player matches, and ten player local. Mario Kart always tries for four, and sometimes it takes ages before it gets it and sometimes it just gives up and throws you in the match against one or two players, which is annoying. And Tetris gets incredibly intense.