Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Recently I hear and see lost of discussions on those boards regarding the future generation of Apple Displays. I get the feeling that some non-pro users would like to see Apple introduce 19:9, mean while many pro's (like me) would like more pixels for pixels from their displays, thus keeping the current 19:10 format and have larger then 30" displays.

My question is...

Besides watching movies on your Apple computers (I'm sure the majority won't be) What other benefits are there from having a narrower, shorter, letter-box display of the 16:9 ratio? Oppose to the current more spacious 19:10 format?

Thanks, UltraNEO.

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
Can't we just tell the whiners, to "Shut up and deal with black bars, and let the rest of us have the real estate"? ;) :p

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Can't we just tell the whiners, to "Shut up and deal with black bars, and let the rest of us have the real estate"? ;) :p

I would of though you can and could, after all it's your speaking your opinion... right? Or do we classify them as trolls? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.