Next Gen Nano?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dancertom3, Feb 13, 2007.

1. dancertom3 macrumors member

Jan 8, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Anyone want to speculate on the next gen iPod Nano?

When? How big? Etc.

I really don't want a video iPod, as they're too big for what I need, but the nanos don't have enough memory for what I need.

But still I'd get a Nano over a Video, and just deal with the memory issue.

I don't know whether to buy one now, or wait...

I read something about new bigger flash memory models or something..I dunno...

P.S. Don't hate! Speculation can sometimes help make a semi-informed decision.
  2. SPinc33 macrumors member

Sep 19, 2005
    All I can do is speculate, but...

I would guess the Nano won't see a refresh for quite some time, and then I believe it would just jump from 4/8GB to 8/16GB. I imagine the form factor is here to stay for awhile, since it's a solid middle-of-the-market mp3 player.

I assume the Video would see a full refresh sooner, including the interface capabilities shown in the iPhone and probably full-screen, maybe a touch-screen, and most likely larger harddrives.

I would go for the 8GB nano and manage your data. I have a 60GB with all of my pics, videos, and music which fills it up...but sometimes I think I'd rather organize my stuff better and have the smaller player. There's no real need to have that much at once for the average user.
  3. MP4-22 macrumors member

Feb 12, 2007
    I think the fullsize iPod and the iPod Nano will use the Multitouch interface and the iPod Shuffle replacement will look like the current iPod Nano.

I think it should look like this and it would have 4, 8, and 16 GBs

Attached Files:

4. MisterEd macrumors 6502

Jan 2, 2006
    The battery life on something like that would be pretty awful, unless they made it much thicker, which in my opinion would defeat the point of the Nano. They're onto a good thing with the battery life on the current Nanos, I think this form factor is here to stay a while, with some capacity boosts in the future.