next macbook pro..?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zipper1022, Dec 21, 2006.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

best buy sent me a screwed up macbook pro and i jsut recived my credit from them and i can use it whenver i want. should i wait a few weeks and order a macbook pro when apple updates them?
    how long after christmas will they change them?

2. Eluon macrumors regular

We cannot see into the future. Apple updates them when they want to. So the best bet you are going to get from any of us is: you know as much as we do.

I love the MBP, hope it all works out for u.

Blessings.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

If you wait for the santa rosa MBPs that'd be the next model. The chip (not necessarily the MBP) is going to be released 1H 2007 last time I checked.

4. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Which means we will see them in MBPs toward the end of 2007. :)

5. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

The MacBook Pro was just updated. The only reasonable bump to come 'soon' would be a simple clock speed increase, to 2.42, 2.5 and/or 2.66 GHz. Slightly less reasonable, but POSSIBLE, include a video chip upgrade, but I find that doubtful, as neither nVidia nor ATI have in the works a major mobile chip upgrade in the next 3 months.

I would say that a 'substantial' improvement in the MacBook Pro is at LEAST 4 months away, probably more like 6, because I don't see any upgrade other than clock speed as happening before Santa Rosa, which we realistically won't see in shipping products until May or June.

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I really don't see that happening, I think the MBPs will be bumped before WWDC, and then there will be another bump towards Christmas to hurry sales.

7. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

I think the smiley face he added at the end of his statement was to show he was exaggerating...

8. ready2switch macrumors 6502

I don't see an update/redesign (if at all) of the MBP coming before April 07, and that would be if they are super early. I agree with the more likely projection of May or June. With that said, however, I would wait a few weeks until after MWSF (Jan 9) not for any hardware updates, but for possible (and likely) software updates that would be included on your new machine.

If you are determined to wait on hardware updates, be prepared to wait until summer.

9. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I do hope with the next release cycle they either bring a new portable model to the table, or at least put a screen into the 15" that is on par with everything else.

10. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

i was gonna wait until the release of leaopard, but with the prices of tiger, for a 5 pack its only 200$ and i can split that with friends/family and its liek 50 dollars a person, also, i dont really need to deal with the idiots at bestbuy again, i just want my fing laptop...

11. drb6 macrumors regular

why do you say that about the 15" screen?

in store, i do find that the MB screen looks much better than the mbp's 15" but i thought it might just be me.

12. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

It is not just you, the 15" screen on the MBP is worse than many Dells out there.

Fact of the day is even Dull users, for their lack of taste towards design aesthetics, do not put up with this kind of crap:
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/579149.html

13. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Keep in mind there will DEFINATELY be iLife '07, which saves you $99, and possibly Leopard, which is a bit more.