Next Tuesday? or the next or the next or...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by roland.g, Feb 23, 2007.

?

Which next Tuesday will most like see a revision to the Apple computer lineup?

1. 2.27

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. 3.06

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. 3.13

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. 3.20

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. 3.27

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. 4.03

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. 4.10 or around NAB

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  8. WWDC, basically never.

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Any guesses on which of the following Tuesdays will see the first of a new computer revision, i.e. C2D Minis, new iMacs, 8-Core Mac Pros, updated displays (most likely alongside Mac Pros), or even less likely revisions to the MacBook or MacBook Pro notebooks.

I'm leaving Leopard and iLife out since they will most likely be announced with a ship date, possibly through a more features event, and not a Tuesday morning surprise.

Anything other than colored shuffles or a shipping status report for :apple:tv.

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I don't think Apple will update everything on one day.

They even delayed Final Cut Extreme for a year just because someone in Apple wanted to use last year's NAB for the new Macbook Pros for crying out loud.

They will probably update 1 thing every Tuesday so the media can't predict their moves. Think different!

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

umm, I didn't say all in one day. I said the first of a new computer revision, i.e. as in one of the following. I just said which of the following Tuesdays will be it. Since the last update was C2D MacBooks November 8th. The only things since then were 8GB Nanos in Red, Airport Extreme, :apple:tv, and colored Shuffles. Nothing in their computer lineup in 3 1/2 months.

4. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

I went with the tenth to have a chance at being surprised.

5. acoustics940 macrumors member

Lets use our brains a little bit. This has been posted about 15 billion times. When wil the new apple come out blah blah. If people on a forum that arent associated with apple knew they might tell us. Everyone knows as much as you know. I dont think apple is going to realse 2 or 3 new computers every year :confused:

6. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

We need to fill our quota of 15 repetitive and pointless threads. :)

7. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Well when the next revisions come we will see posts like "What? THAT'S PATHETIC!" or "So underwhelming!", don't say I didn't warn ya :)

8. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I have for the longest time been saying "Leopard and iLife and iWork in late March/early April", and it looks more like that more and more. There's no point in Apple to announcec a new revision of any mac before Leopard because they'd have to start making them with Tiger installed, and they'd float around for weeks after Leopard.

I'm expecting new Mac Pros at NAB and the new Final Cut(s), which will possibly require Leopard. Hence, I expect Leopard no later than April 14th. Mark my works.

9. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Ok... does anyone knows when Santa Rosa will officially be unveiled by Intel? Makes no sense for Apple to release Leopard when their current laptop line can't exploit the new resolution independence right? :)

10. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

From an article posted Feb. 16th, "Intel confirmed to ZDNet UK that it would still release Santa Rosa in the second quarter of this year..."

Source: zdnet.co.uk

11. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Well, what I'm saying is that they wouldn't release a brand spankin' new (insert mac of your choice (except for PowerBook G5, you're the kind of type that still screams "POWERBOOK G5 NEXT TUESDAY at everyone)) and release Leopard a few weeks later because they'd have a lot of those new systems floating around in stores and factories with Tiger. Do you think Apple wants to provide Leopard disks for all of those systems?

A (semi-)big refresh usually happens after a Mac OS X release; after Panther, we saw new iMacs, PowerBooks, and iBooks; and after Tiger, we saw new PowerMacs, iMacs, and eMacs.

12. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Santa Rosa is now on track for May.
    That puts it in an Apple product probably end of May or early June at WWDC, possibly with some announced at WWDC, shipping 3-5 weeks later depending on how they roll them out, Intels availability and the production ramp up.

13. mrthieme macrumors regular

I would agree on no major hardware releases until Leapard is ready. Which is a ways off by my limited understanding. I hope they surprise us though, pretty soon we will be trading recipes for apple pie on this forum.