Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Let me put it this way: If apps don't scale properly in Android, it's the developer's fault. Android has the API for the app to judge the screen-size and PPI to format the app accordingly. Fragments are there to address different screen-sizes.

http://developer.android.com/training/basics/fragments/index.html

But these devs are so lazy that they don't want use the guidelines that google has laid out countless times. I think google has been too kind to devs. Once they start forcing devs to follow these, they will get off their lazy asses.

http://developer.android.com/design/get-started/creative-vision.html

Everything will inherently look better on it. Text, videos, pictures, etc have already been said to look great.

A lot of games already have low, medium and high graphic settings like dead trigger.

Regardless I don't see a huge need for apps needing to change a lot. Since usually just text and pics anyway. There are tablets with better screens then my current Xoom and they just look a lot better since you can't see the pixels as easy.

Thanks very informative :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Nexus 10 review at Engadget...

The Nexus 7 impressed us on nearly every front. What few flaws there were we more than forgave thanks to its bargain-basement price. At $400 to $500, the Nexus 10 is actually on par with many other 10-inch Android competitors -- even a little more expensive than some -- and, with average performance in most areas and sub-par battery life, it's relying on that incredibly high resolution and fresh Android build to set it apart. Sadly, neither is enough to distance this tablet from the competition.

The resolution is indeed quite nice but in many ways, the Super IPS+ panel on the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 is even nicer, and other than that new keyboard there's nothing much in Android 4.2 to get excited about right now. Of course, the true beauty of the Nexus line is that when 4.3 rolls around this slate will be the first to get it, and that is certainly worth something. But is it worth enough to make up for this tablet's other shortcomings?

Engadget review

Battery life is a little disappointing at 7.5 hours, but otherwise good alternative to those who don't want the ipad 4. :)

Last edited:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
As I type this on my old Xoom I've determined that I'm definitely going to get the 32 gb version. I've literally used my Xoom every day since its release back in march of 2011, I have no doubt I'll use the N10 just as much. I just it hold up as well as my Xoom has....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.