Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtenuta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Hi everyone,
I am currently testing the nexus 7 and Note and I am having a very hard time deciding. I adore the new 7 display and form factor and the other hand the note 8 is an amazing productivity tool which will come in handy for my business.
Anyone else face dilemma? Your opinions would be appreciated.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I'm also debating between those two plus the new LG G Pad 8.3. I think I'm gonna buy this one. The Nexus 7 screen is too small to use inside the house for hours every day.

The Note 8 is great but the lower resolution screen is a big annoyance. That's why the full HD screen of the LG makes it the first choice for me right now. It also has a better CPU I think.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
It depends on you but for me the nexus 7 is the better choice and it looks nicer :)

mtenuta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Lg pad looks nice I might take a look at it when it comes out.
I do like nexus but the note 8 isn't ugly either .it looks pretty cool with the Samsung case I bought.

typerlover

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2006
I've had them both.

Note 8.0 is significantly more productive and pleasurable than the Nexus.
It is surprisingly smooth and without lag despite touchwiz.
The extra inch makes all the difference in the world.

And the screen resolution was not a problem at all. I'm one to be incredibly particular about that but the Note really was a great device. Don't hesitate if you can get a good deal on it.

JerZyT28

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2011
I played with the Note 8... Note a bad device...I had a Note 10.1 before, but the whole Android on tablet thing didn't work for me. Went back to my iPad 3. After reading and watching reviews on the Nexus 7, I picked up a 16gb , model to check out....I am loving it! I was iffy about the screen size, but honestly, I use tablets for media consumption away from my laptop and the Nexus 7 is awesome for it. I love stock Android and this tablet has taken over for my iPad 3. Its comfortable to hold for long periods and the screen is absolutely beautiful. I definitely recommend it.

srkmish

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2013
I would still prefer the note 8 as after having used 7 in and 8 in tablets for a long time, the 8 in is better for web browsing/ gaming / videos . 7 in is slightly better for reading ebooks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.