Nfl Draft 2006

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by benyaimin, May 8, 2006.

1. benyaimin macrumors member

Jan 19, 2006
    wow I can't believe that Reggie Bush wasn't taken by the Texans. Sure, Mario Williams is great and will provide an immediate impact on their defense, but if Reggie is the next Marshall Faulk like they all say, the Texans are going to look awfully bad.

NFL people, share your thoughts!
  2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2004
    Charleston, IL
    A little late on the NFL Draft thread dontcha think? Regardless, I thought it was a very interesting draft with the slip of star athletes like Leinhart and Chad Jackson.
  3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    Well this is a little late I think but better late than never I guess.;)

As for the Texans, I'm still surprised. Everyone is saying this guy is a can't miss and possibly the next Barry Sanders. Seeing him play in college I can see why but I do realize that not everyone can transition to the NFL the same way, although I think he has as good as a shot as anyone. If he does turn out like they say it will blow up in the Texans face but if something goes wrong then they'll look like genius'.

As for other teams, I really like Leinart going to the Cardinals. He'll be in a great system with Dennis Green's system and his supporting cast, I'll be amazed if he doesn't have the Cardinals in the playoffs in 2 years as long as they can all stay healthy.

As for my hometown Bears, I was surprised they traded down with Lewis and Jackson still on the board but I like what they did with their extra picks. There's no doubt they need a playmaker on offense but their offense didn't loose them the game against the Panthers. They got burned on defense and addressed the problems. I really like the pick of Hester as a cornerback but especially as a returner. I'm hoping they'll allow Berrian to focus on polishing his receiving skills and no worry about playing special teams.