NFL draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by windowsblowsass, Apr 24, 2004.

1. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2004
    so far its gone like this
    1 eli manning
    2 Robert gallery
    3 Larry fitzgerald
    4 Phillip Rivers

If you want to talk abou any possible trades or deals post here
  2. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Sep 13, 2002
    at the edge
    I think New York overpaid for Manning, but I'm glad to see Eli in the NFC. A Manning-Manning Super Bowl (should it ever happen) would be great to see.
  3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I dont think rivers is that good. Sure, he has good ratings, but have you seen his release on the ball? Its horrible. He can make the pass, but no quarterback throws like that in hte league. He short arms it. His arm is weak. I don't know about him.

Manning is a good quarterback. Seems to be quick to think on his feet. Great arm, great mind, good reads. I like him.
  4. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Sep 13, 2002
    at the edge
    Yeah, it's easy to wonder if San Diego has made another boneheaded decision. Not that Manning left them much of a choice in the matter… :rolleyes:
  5. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Jun 17, 2003
    Corvallis, Oregon
    I'm rather surprised that Dallas traded its pick... I thought for sure they'd pick up Steven Jackson.
  6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Cleveland Browns, picking seventh, could have used QB Ben Roethlisberger, WR Roy or Reggie Williams, or CB DeAngelo Hall, all of whom were still available. So what did they do? Trade their second round pick to move up one spot in the first round to pick TE Kellen Winslow, who is rumored to have an attitude problem, and whose agent has a rep for holding out through training camp.

Another great move by Butch Davis. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  7. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Aug 11, 2003
    Same here, but how could they turn down Buffalo's #1 next year to trade down? That will likely be a top 15 pick next year. As much as they liked Jackson, that was just too good to pass up.
  8. eazyc10 macrumors member

Apr 17, 2004
    I go to the University of Wisconsin-Madison and have no idea why ANYONE would draft Jim Sorgi.

He was a terrible quarterback here.
  9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003

How quickly you have forgotten though. Winslow is a Mother F*ckin Soulja.
    Don't you remember his mid season tyrade?
    How can you turn down a Soulja????

I personally wanted to see Eli as a Charger, and then when he didn't play, see the Chargers tank the season intentionally just to get the number one pick again.

Eli Manning, What a cry baby.

No kidding. He was horrid. I mean he wasn't even the one who threw the pass to Evans vs. OSU. (The only highlight of our season)

UW-Madions Baby!
  10. womencantsail macrumors member

Feb 26, 2004
    Siberian Labor Camp
    I'm not gonna say that Rivers is the best QB ever or that the Chargers have a history of brilliant decisions, but sure as hell ain't that bad. He may have an awkward release, but he still is a pretty darn good QB. And in my opinion, getting him, plus those picks was a heck of a deal.

But to tell you the truth, I would have liked to see what Manning would do if the Chargers picked him and didn't trade him. Would he have sat out like he said, or just sacked it up and played anyways? I don't understand why he preferred the Giants or Browns anyways, especially since the Chargers have Tomlinson, a Touchdown Machine. Personally, I think it was just Archie's way of saying to the Chargers: "F*** You! You took Ryan Leaf over Peyton, so you don't get Eli either".
  11. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    Mariucci did it.

All I can say is,

Roy Williams | WR
    Kevin Jones | RB
    Teddy Lehman | LB
    Keith Smith | CB
    Alex Lewis | LB
    Kelly Butler | T

Lions will only benefit from here...
    I predict a Super Bowl win in 2006 at home field. Young now, champions in the near future.
  12. womencantsail macrumors member

Feb 26, 2004
    Siberian Labor Camp
    I agree. The Lions should be a good team in the near future. Especially with the two receivers Harrington has to toss it to.