Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
I'll go out and Say Tebow will have the better year I can see them making the playoffs this year i think both Bradford/tebow will be good but overall i think Tebow if he stays in Denver has the better career especially early on.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
Lots of dollar signs in this one:
Report: Haynesworth deal expected now

Here's the latest on the $100 million man in list form because my brain is tired and I need to put on some pants and get over to Radio City Music Hall soon.

1. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora's sources is convinced Haynesworth's trade will happen today. And despite Titans coach Jeff Fisher's protestations, he says the most likely destination is Tennessee for a second round pick.

2. The Saints aren't interested. Both the New Orleans Times-Picayune's Jeff Duncan and Jay Glazer of FOX say they Saints don't want him. He even used capital letters to say so:

"They have ZERO interest in Albert. ZERO!!!"

3. Both Haynesworth and the Redskins want a divorce. That doesn't help leverage, so it behooves both sides to float rumors of interest, even if the interest is mild. When both sides want a divorce, the trade usually happens.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
ill be happy if he comes back as a Titan think that was one of the things they missed las year if they get him back there a playoff team possibly next year at least wildcard.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I'll go out and Say Tebow will have the better year I can see them making the playoffs this year i think both Bradford/tebow will be good but overall i think Tebow if he stays in Denver has the better career especially early on.

I'll be VERY surprised in McDaniels puts in Tebow right away. Perhaps Denver sees something we don't because Tebow is a very RAW QB when compared to Bradford, McCoy or Clausen.

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
I've been watching the NFL since the 70s and I've never heard the term "3 technique" or "5 technique" used so often during this draft. WTF?

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Round 2 begins!

I guess Alex Barron is gone. I would've liked a weapon for Bradford but I guess they want to sure up the offensive line.

I've been watching the NFL since the 70s and I've never heard the term "3 technique" or "5 technique" used so often during this draft. WTF?

It's basically where the defensive lineman lines up across from the offensive line. In this case, the 5 technique has the defensive lineman has his nose lined up on the outside of the offensive tackle. The 3 technique has the defensive lineman lined up in the middle of the B gap or outside of the guard.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
I'll be VERY surprised in McDaniels puts in Tebow right away. Perhaps Denver sees something we don't because Tebow is a very RAW QB when compared to Bradford, McCoy or Clausen.

When a QB changes his entire throwing mechanics for the combine,that doesn't bode well for him starting right away IMO. Gimmick QB's like him don't translate well to the NFL...

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
When a QB changes his entire throwing mechanics for the combine,that doesn't bode well for him starting right away IMO. Gimmick QB's like him don't translate well to the NFL...

Totally agree. I mean it's one thing to be drafted but not expecting to do anything because you lack other variables but when you're a player who has to basically change what you've learned since you started in pee wee, that's a huge costly investment. I don't like to see players fail because they worked hard to get to where they are, so good luck to Tim Tebow.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
Totally agree. I mean it's one thing to be drafted but not expecting to do anything because you lack other variables but when you're a player who has to basically change what you've learned since you started in pee wee, that's a huge costly investment. I don't like to see players fail because they worked hard to get to where they are, so good luck to Tim Tebow.

At least he didn't go to the Jags.He's still a "god" in FLA and the pressure on him would have been over the top.Tebow isn't going to have all day in the pocket to make his reads and check down..If he even knows what a check down is..

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
HAHAHA...Let's give Tebow just a little credit! But yeah. I was surprised so many Jaguars fans were actually lobbying for Tebow. All that would do would fill seats but in terms of a QB who will win you games, probably not.

Speaking of QB's, doesn't look like McCoy or Clausen are going anytime soon which begs the question, how and why Tebow got ahead of those two. I mean if Denver really wanted a QB, do they think that Tebow will be the better QB than Clausen and McCoy?

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
HAHAHA...Let's give Tebow just a little credit! But yeah. I was surprised so many Jaguars fans were actually lobbying for Tebow. All that would do would fill seats but in terms of a QB who will win you games, probably not.

That's what they need in Jax..Butts in seats..TB trades up and takes another DT.
DB's seem to be in demand so far..

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Nice pick for TB. I was actually looking at Benn as a WR for the Rams. Doesn't have the speed but nice height with Bradford's accuracy would be nice. With Antonio Bryant gone to the Bengals, TB needed a WR to help Josh Freeman develop.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Interesting pick. In my opinion the best TE in the draft (over Gresham by a bit). Patriots signed Crumpler so surprising they would pick a TE.

AWESOME PICK FOR THE BALTIMORE RAVENS! KINDLE WILL BE A SOLID PLAYER IN BALTIMORE. GREAT VALUE!

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
The Giants go for a LB? They lost Rolando McClain to Oakland so I'm thinking the best LB left on the board, Daryl Washington?

EDIT: Nope. I guess the Giants are going back to their winning formula, depth and versatility on the defensive line. They still need to fine someone to replace Antonio Pierce...

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
Ricky Sapp is still on the board too..
When the draft is over,what does Mel Kiper do :confused:

Cards take an OLB..Clausen and McCoy continue to fall..

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Ricky Sapp is still on the board too..
When the draft is over,what does Mel Kiper do :confused:

Cards take an OLB..Clausen and McCoy continue to fall..

He also analyzes College so his job is year round. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has a very early top 100 prospect list for next years draft with the number prospect being QB Jake Locker.

EDIT: FINALLY. Congrats to Jimmy Clausen. Based on what we've been hearing, definitely deserved to be drafted earlier and definitely before Tebow. I like the situation. Panthers have DeAngelo Williams at RB, solid offensive like and Steve Smith which is still a burner. If Carolina schemes right, Clausen will not have to carry the load, he could lead a nice balance attack.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
KC HAS to take a QB now right? McCoy?

EDIT: ROLL TIDE ROLL! Like you said, DB going like crazy. First Berry now Arenas. I guess KC isn't really looking for a QB or they don't see McCoy as good as Clausen.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
All three of KC's picks have been SEC..
Pats up next..Hope it's a DLineman
Rather have had Dunlap on the Pats.They need an edge pass rusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.