NFL

Discussion in 'Community' started by windowsblowsass, Mar 8, 2004.

1. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

anybody here been paying attention to free agency if you are post here to talk about all the action heres to TO grievance going through (yes im an eagles fan) :D

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'm a long time 'Skins fan and we could probably make a 3 page long thread talking about nothing but what the 'Skins have done in the past two weeks. ;)

Lethal

3. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

Didn't he forget to fill out his paperwork out time or something stupid like that?

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Terrell Owens' agent neglected to file paperwork with the NFL in time. Now he's having a hissy fit about it, though he seems to be blaming everybody but his agent.

Same snafu happened to Dennis Northcut in Cleveland, just a couple of weeks ago.

5. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Frankly, I don't think he has a leg to stand on. It was HIS mistake (well, his agent's) he forgot to file his paperwork and being such, he gets to suffer the consequences of the actions ie. playing for the Ravens. I think he had better shut his mouth up before he make it where nobody wants to deal with his crying. But then again, I have a hard time listening to multi-millionaires cry about anything.

6. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

(yes im an eagles fan) :D[/QUOTE]

Me too !!!!... Getting the FREAK was nice, & I realize it's early— but I don't like the look of this team right now a little bit...

Who covers anybody ?.... Where are the LB's gonna come from ?...
    Running back needs to be addressed - & let's not even get started on the WR position... This is not a good football team right now...

P.S. Don't forget to get your season ticket money IN HOUSE ( not postmarked) before the 12th...

7. Awimoway macrumors 65816

I can't believe Owens is getting held up by a technicality that the NFL could easily overrule. On the other hand, considering what an ******* he was last year in Frisco, I can't say I'm not enjoying seeing him suffer. :p

Frankly, it seems to be payback time for the sports gods. #1 Baseball ******* Barry Bonds is under fire for his 'roid use, as well he should be. All of sudden people are talking about putting an asterisk next to his stats or disqualifying them altogether. That's got to piss him off. You'll hear no sympathy crying from me, though. :eek:

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yay! The Browns are getting Jeff Garcia. He's supposed to sign today.

'Bout time we dumped Tim Couch.

9. windowsblowsass thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheldon brown and shepard were picked for this reason lbs i have no idea rb we have buckhalter and westbrook and wrs well pinkston needs to be taken out back and shot , repeatedely (with a high caliber weapon preferably .45 or .50 but a .30 cal wouldnt be that bad either ;) )

10. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

My Jets keep making dumb moves... they drop curtis conway who was good last year...

Arg...

How about they drop our QB and RB Martin... then we are "all set" to LOSE!

ahhhh whay are they trying to do!??!

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It doesn't really have an affect on anyones life, except the owners. The players no longer have team loyalty, but loyal to their millions.

12. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

for all those people who think that players don't care about the team, and just about millions... well, there's a little saying about what the NFL really stands for... Not For Long... and if these players wont stop being greedy, then it's about time they're just let go. When Tim Couch offered to make a salary cut, as long as the money went to make the team better, he got my vote as a class act player. I don't like those show boats.. like TO, or people like that. I'm a hard working, don't celebrate too too much kinda guy. And Barry Sanders was the epitomy of hard work, dedication, and non show boatish. Hell, the guy didn't even go to the pro-bowl 'cause he thought it wasn't right. He never once celebrated after a touchdown. That is a class guy, and you won't find too many of those. I also LIKED Emmitt Smith, when he was a Cowboy, even though he celebrated by taking his helmet off, he was a very hard worker, and a great player, who despite all the drug problems around dallas, stayed away. It's a shame he went to the Cards. Also, Brett Favre and Payton Manning are two great examples of how football players need to act. Just my 2 cents...

13. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

Sorry to all Phili fans, but TO is better off in Baltimore. The Eagles are going to be a shell of their former team by the end of the off season. They are just way too far above the salary cap. They're going to have to dump too many big players. It's going to be a couple of years before they are contenders again. Baltimore on the other hand went into the off season 20 mil. under the cap. They'll keep everyone they want and have the money to add great talent to the offense like TO (mind you I think TO's a big dick but he can catch). The Ravens are real contenders this year not the Eagles.

The NFL salary cap this year is just above 80 mil. That's less than half of what the Yankess are spending this year on their starting lineup and pitching rotation.

On a personal note, congrats the the Seahawks for keeping Darrel Jackson and signing Grant Wistrom. A killer veteran pass rusher is just what Seattle needs to bolster it's very young, but promising defense.

14. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

TO

i'm sure everyone wants TO out of baltimore now. he's known to be a pain in the ass in the locker room, he's been a crybaby ever since this trade went down. i don't see why any of the ravens would even want him around at this point.

though i have personal reasons for wanting him out of the AFC North. (born and raised in pittsburgh = steeler fan, you can see me at durkin's in chicago during the season) speaking of which, w00t! deuce staley!

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Care to take Tim Couch off our hands?

16. windowsblowsass thread starter macrumors 6502a

did you just say eagles are above the cap!!?? the eagles still have almost 20MILLION DOLLARS IN CAP ROOM
    ps grumble> stupid duece stealing steeler fans < grumble ;)

17. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the raiders used to pick good players when al davis had a vision...somewhere along the line, he became fat, happy, and complacent and he lost his magic in choosing good players and retaining good players...he is more interested in picking fights with the nfl and his own allies instead of tending to the business of football

a dictator like davis should learn from a fellow sports dictator like steinbrenner who may do stupid and unpopular things from time to time, but at least steinbrenner realizes that the team still comes first

and now the 49ers are looking stupid and i think they have totally lost their vision and they are a shadow of the team which was great for most for 19 years...losing coach mariucci from their fingers was the beginning of the end for the great 49ers since he was their last chance at regaining their amazing greatness and continuing the legacy of walsh and siefert