NFS: Most Wanted PS2 PAL version bugged _hard_ ... DONT BUY

Discussion in 'Games' started by takao, Dec 3, 2005.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

we rented NFS most wanted for the ps2 today.. and our review result: dont buy.... yeah this is serious the bugs aren't "it has graphic glitches" it is more like "crashes completly" and not during some weird things ...

no it's in the car selection menu

we started up and imediatly went in split screen mode.. my friend scrolled through the cars "lexus, fiat, chevrolet, vw gti, audi TT... oh well this one is already locked, audi A3...why doesn't the car appear" me "looks like long loading times" "ok lets look at the next one" (music stops playing) "doesn't apear either" "crap looks like it's not responding any more" "perhaps the disk is scratched"

check the disc (which looked brand new) and retryed it: BLAM crash again .. then we did some racing with the first 4 cars and then did some single player....and then in single player car selection: BLAm crash again ...

in fact after more than 7 crashes within 2 hours we're pretty sure it's a bug: go beyond the audi tt and it crashes...always

we did some racing wih the slower cars and it was ok besides the crappy textures on the ps2 version but seriously: save yourself a few bucks and don't buy it

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Sounds like it could have been a hidden problem with your particular DVD instead of the game itself, but it's probably a good idea to wait and see if this appears to effect most of the PAL versions produced.

3. takao thread starter macrumors 68040

takao

luckily we rented the game ;)

well we thought about that scratches but the underside was perfectly fine so it's either a broken ps2 (which my friend, the owner , disputed) or a compability issue but it's a mid cicle ps2

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I bought the GameCube version of this game a couple of days back when I fired it up it looked like I was playing a PlayStation (and I mean 1 not 2) game. Talk about crap! It was so bad I returned it and pre-ordered an Xbox 360. Woo hoo 3 months until it turns up, go Australia!

5. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

The North american version works fine my my Xbox. I was going to buy for my PS2, I'm glad I didn't.