Nice 30" aluminium Cinema Display fake

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Veldek, May 29, 2004.

1. macrumors 68000

Veldek

2. macrumors 68040

Grimace

That pic has been circulating for a while now. Making a 30" adjustable would be difficult anyway. Great if it's true, no surprise if it's not.

3. macrumors 6502

30 inches!?!?! That'd be nice, but currently a 32 inch Aquos Sharp goes for 500,000 yen ($4500 USD)(BicBicBicBic ) - so I hope they have something a little more <gulp> affordable?

-Wyrm

4. macrumors 68000

russed

it looks damn nice!

5. macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

the top and bttom pictures don't even match the middle picture. The first and third pics. look like they have two legs, like on the G5, but the second pic. has one wide, curved leg. Since, they don't seem to match to me i would have to say they are fake, but i wouldn't say they aren't going to show something like these at WWDC 2004.

6. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If it was real the Apple lawyers would have been all over this thing so thats a give away its not the real Mccoy,enough said.

7. macrumors 6502a

Not adjustable? So unplugging it, setting it on the floor and standing on the monitor's base while forcibly bending the monitor's aluminum alloy frame backwards or forwards isn't adjustable?

8. macrumors 6502a

LOL rt_brained

i don't get why ppl would buy a 30-inch display. you can already get a gateway 42 inch plasma for 2499, only 500 dollars more than the apple 23 inch and you get almost twice the diagonal size. plasma's have better pictures anyway. (yes, i know it's gateway, and i know gateway buy's their displays from "Sampo", but from a distance i'm sure it looks as nice(

9. thread starter macrumors 68000

Veldek

This Plasma screen has a horrible resolution (852 x 480, I think). It's great, if you want to use it as a TV, but for a computer display, it's very, very bad. I have a higher resolution on my 15" screen, now imagine it on a 42".

But this has been discussed here several times before, e.g. here:

Why buy $3499 Cinema HD Display? Bought 42" HD for $2999, thanks Gateway!

10. macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

These are old and so obviously fake, look at the reflection of the underside of the display, it's the bottom of a G5 tower.

Still, I really like the concept and hope the real thing bears some similarity to this mock up.

11. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that is the resolution. But then what kind of display does Apple use in those displays behind the Genius Bar in the Apple Store SoHo? I asked them, and I was told it was plasma. The quality looked like an LCD though--you could tell there were a lot of pixels. Anyway, I wouldn't mind a plasma display as a computer screen even is its resolution is 852 x 480, because from a distance of about six feet (that's how far you are supposed to be for "eye safety", or so Sony told me), it looks just as good as an LCD--it'd be awesome for gaming

12. macrumors P6

~Shard~

My opinion is that these pictures are definitely fake, however the updated displays, whenever they are released (hopefully @ WWDC) will still look very similar to these mock-ups in any case.

13. macrumors 68030

superbovine

that road goes both ways. if it was fake the lawyers would have done that same thing. also the current cinema display were made by LG. If you look on the LG site there they have 30 incher as well.

14. macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

That picture came out immediately after the G5 was announced. And has been discussed her before! Sorry, it's a fake, but I do hope Apple comes with these babies! I want one (well three actually, two for my G5 and one more as a TV).

15. macrumors 68030

superbovine

have the link?