nice, cheap, wired mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by furryrabidbunny, Aug 16, 2005.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Ok, I use a macally trackball, which surprise, they dont make anymore. This thing is killing my hand. The ergonomics on it suck, so i get sharp pains in my right hand. I need some recommendations on a cheap two button mouse with a scroll wheel. I really dont want to spend over twenty.

2. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

Never used the previously linked-to mouse, but I have never used a Logitech mouse I didn't love, let's put it that way.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Hmm. At our local WalMart, they have a nice Logitech 2 button w/scroll optical mouse for $14. They have TONS. They're a bit smaller than a normal mouse and the box says travel mouse I think. It's nice though, my dad got one for his laptop.

4. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

5. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

I got the Microsoft Optical by S+arck mouse. Silver with a blue illuminating strip down the middle. Stylish and cool to use. Grabbed it for around £16-£18, (around $30), but its nice.

6. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

7. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

I have exactly the same model and I agree, it's nice to use and looks smart too.

Has anyone used the Macmice two button version of the Apple mouse? It'd be nice to get something that matches the Apple keyboard and I do like the look but wonder if it performs okay?

Steve

8. sparky76 macrumors regular

I can't remember what it cost, but I use the Microsoft 5 button mouse (button 4 is F9 for Expose and button 5 is for Dashboard). Hasn't let me down yet and I find it very comfortable.

9. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Cool! Obviously the silver colour goes well with my silver PB.

I haven't used the Macmice, was trying to get one myself, but they were sold out. I have read on other mice threads however that isn't that good and that people have given it poor reviews. But I guess it can't be all that bad otherwise people wouldn't buy them!

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, there's this thread for first impressions and then this thread for gaming-specific impressions. :)

How could you possibly buy something so ugly? Good luck finding a better mouse, it really shouldn't be all that hard. :p

11. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Aren't they just about the Mighty Mouse?

I was talking about the Macmice two button version of the Apple mouse.
    Steve

12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry, my bad. I misread your post. :eek:

How about this thread and this thread then? Is that the right Macmice mouse (try saying that out loud :p ).

13. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Trying saying it out loud five times... fast. ;-)

Thanks for that. I saw those threads but they're about the BT version and mainly criticise the lag and battery life.

I'm not looking for anything spectacular, just something that (more or less) matches the Apple mouse in quality and matches my Apple keyboard! :)

Steve

14. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

i could buy a mouse that fugly because it was cheap and had a lot of buttons. It is going to be hard to use expose with the keyboard (i've actually have forgotten what keys do what). The mouse will have to wait though, I am sick in bed with the possibility of the mono, and out from work for awhile=poor

15. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Get well soon buddy :)

16. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

thanks. I feel like hell. I'm tired and my body aches, but I don't feel like sleeping or just laying in bed. So bored.

17. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Enter MacRumors! Where everybody knows your name! And they're always glad you came!

18. Lau Guest

I use a Logitech MX 310.

[​IMG]

It's really nice, and just works well. There's enough buttons to do everything you need, but not so many there's too many. I think I've programmed all but one, though I don't game, so others might find they need more. It looks nice, and sort of goes with my PowerBook, but I do find it irritating that it doesn't match perfectly. I have my eye on a Mighty Mouse....

Anyway, the main point of this post is to say that almost a year after I bought it, it still sells for £30 in the Apple store, but I bought mine a year ago new from eBay for £18, and it's been perfect. So you may find one from an alternative source that fits your budget, even if the mouse retails for more. Put it this way, I wouldn't pay £30 for it, but £18 was a good price for a good mouse.

19. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

well, i went to compusa and picked up a kensington pilotmouse. it has rubber sides for extra comfort, and a 800 dpi sensor, all for 19.99. great deal. it even has horizontal scrolling. i even picked up a mouse pad with a wrist rest for even more comfort.
    edit: http://kensington.com/html/4005.html here's my new baby, what a steal.