nice guys finish first?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Community' started by g30ffr3y, Jan 14, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

I GOT THE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the "my sad story" thread had a happy ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not trying to spam... im just super happy...

2. macrumors 6502a

Awesome. It seems to me that women tend to go for the bad guys during high school & college, & then realize that they want to spend the rest of their lives with a nice guy. I was in the same boat, until I left college.

That's great news, g30ffr3y!:D

3. macrumors 68000

Veldek

Congrats, but don't leave town in the next three years... ;)

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

i think itll be ok... we did the right thing throughout... now it has paid off... maybe there really is someone for everyone...

5. macrumors regular

:confused: :confused: Does not compute?? :confused: :confused:

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

7. macrumors member

Nicely done!

Okay, so I read through all your posts regarding girl 'C'. I didn't read everyone elses comments, I didn't really need to as none of them were quite so involved as yourself.

Two things - I am thrilled you 'got' her. Having someone around who can light up your day is a blessing (98.7% of the time...).

Be gentle, be slow, don't lay your heart too far out in the open. Remember, for all intensive purposes, she is in a rebound relationship now, and those have pretty iffy success rates.

But, all that said, enjoy yourself. And don't try to hard to figure out your place in this world - it is the bane of the smarter soul to question their position, however there is rarely a true 'place' - the 'place' is simply anything, anywhere.

8. macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Okay, now that you, the hero, have gotten the girl, what's next? Are you going to save the world and blow up the Death Star? ;)

9. macrumors 68030

themadchemist

No, he's going to help the rest of nice guys find girls of our own. ;)

10. macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

A TRUE hero! :)

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

i want everyone to be happy now... it is possible and you dont have to sell yourself out to do it either...

they built another death star... dang... ill have to hop in my x wing after work and take care of that...

im no super hero... just a regular nice guy who didnt get **** on for once...

12. macrumors 603

shadowfax

congratulations, man... i can imagine how good that must feel.

shizzle, i have another 3 years of college... blah.

:)

13. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

good to see this.

i've had lots of luck in the last 4 years. which i think is the key to finding a girl who can appreciate you, and is also cool herself..

sometimes things fall into place

also...

"does not compute??"

hahahahahahahahahha. some funny people around here

14. macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
  15. macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Bad news is most girls are putting off marriage until later these days (if at all) and hanging out with "bad" boys during this time. Of course, they're more than happy to have a "good" boy, or even a gay boy, for a shoulder to cry on during the rough periods. "Good" boys are such nice friends!

:rolleyes:

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

jayscheuerle... that was a little cynical... trust me... we arent "friends" we just havent been "bad" because of the situation and the newness of it all... she actually just called me from her training class and we are indeed going to hang out tonight... which is cool because she called me without any predetermined motive that she had to call because it was her "turn" or whatever... just because im a decent guy doesnt mean i dont like girls... quite the opposite... im all about this one!!!

i shouldnt have taken back that digi cam...

17. macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations g30ffr3y, I'm very happy to hear of your joyous news. It just takes some patience. I like to think that I'm a nice guy also. Hopefully you will have a long lasting relationship like mine of more than 31 years. It takes compromise on both sides. An important item is love for one another. I happen to think that it is also important to pray and give thanks.

18. macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Sorry Geoffrey, I wasn't commenting on your particular situation, just espousing some generalizations. I've always been a "good guy" and had plenty of fun myself before the wife and kid show. Enjoy your youth and good luck! - j

19. thread starter macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

wdlove... thank you... i hope i will be very happy for a very long time... before this even happend i had resolved to try and be better towards others... sometimes i can be difficult... sometimes just a down right pain in the arse... most of my life is falling into place... i dont have any real baggage holding me back from having a good relationship... i hope this is just my year to do well for myself... its sure starting off pretty good... i got some other good news today on the financial side...

i have a skewed sort of spirituality... i just try to be a good person but it doesnt always come out right or people dont understand... but she does... and i very much thank the powers that be for dropping "an angel in the lobby" for me to find...

i keep saying thank you to everyone... i mean it... i would tell the world if i could...

20. thread starter macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

jay... no harm no foul... i just didnt want you to think that this was like that... i dont know how this story comes off to those on the outside... but i know mac heads are smart and i respect everyones opinion so i wanted to share... i do enjoy the comments...

21. macrumors 6502

From my expierence, nice guys almost always finish first (except in high school;))

--Waluigi

22. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hahahahahahahah. understatement of the century! :)

23. thread starter macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

too much fun with quotes now...

ill just have to take her with me... i dont go out of town unless its for fun anyhow... toronto is near... cedar point is near... i wanna go to NYC someday... california... who knows... not today... but maybe someday...

24. macrumors 604

scem0

Force quit, restart, and try again ;).

Congrats geoffrey.

scem0

25. macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be worried about leaving town. It isn't like she was having affairs. She was guilty of needing to see that there was someone else out there before she left her relationship, but that isn't the same thing.

If you leave town and you are in a good relationship, she won't do anything. If you leave town and she starts flirting with someone and then dumps you, what do you care about the flirting? The relationship was over anyway. The only concern is that she may be the kind of person to put a "happy face" on a relationship (the old boyfriend was talking about moving in!) when she thought there were problems. So you'll to make sure she addresses issues in the relationship instead of burying them deep.