Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
I bought this case from Best Buy made by DLO.

http://www.dlo.com/Products/hc_folio_touch_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=

It is a nice quality case. I posted a review on BestBuy.com on the products page but it hasn't posted yet.

All in all it is a nice quality product and I would recommend it. Great quality leather feel, nice fit, and is slim enough that I can still carry the case in my pocket.

The only cons are that it is a bit pricey at $30 (but it protects my investment), it has no screen protector (except for the flip up part), and the case slides upwards when you connect the sync cable. But other than that I love the case! I have a screen protector film on the Touch already so the plastic not being on the case is fine by me.

I recommend to anyone looking!

EnTg888

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
USA
I've really been considering this case. Just one question, does it adequately protect the corners of the device? From the pictures, it looks like a lot of the shiny sides are left exposed to scratches and things when in your pocket or backpack. Thanks!

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
Things can definitely get into those spaces, but the corners of the case stick out far enough that it does protect them. I actually never noticed it until you mentioned it. I carry my Touch around in my pocket with the supplied earphones. Nothing else. I probably wouldn't put my keys in the same pocket as the touch. But as far as other devices, ear buds, etc., yeah, the case will protect the iPod great.

I use the belt clip to hang on my pocket. I slide the case inside my pocket backwards (front pocket) and attach the beltclip onto my pocket to keep the iPod out of the bottom of my pocket and more accessible.

I don't like it that the Touch as the ear phone connector on the bottom. I prefer it on the top like on my 5G iPod, but that has nothing to do with the case..

gowanis

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
i have this case as well (also got it at best buy) and agree it is a good case. recommended.

tobenning

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
DLO Action Jacket

I got the DLO Action Jacket for the touch. It has a plastic cover over the screen, protects the sides and corners and releases from the belt clip. This way I don't have to reclip it over my belt, I just clip it back on to the plastic belt clip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.