Nice work Tim

Discussion in 'Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion' started by jimbo1mcm, Nov 16, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

By sitting on your hands and not giving any updates on production, you have driven the stock price down to around $525 and probably heading further south. Why don't you try and act like a leader and make a statement about what is going on with the Imac and other products? You can even have someone write it for you and read it over a teleprompter.

2. macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Tim will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your feedback.

3. macrumors 68020

1) If all you really want to do is vent about the rumors about the delay with the 2012 iMac, I suggest that you seek professional help instead of starting a thread complaining about Apple's CEO.

2) Complaining in the iMac forum in MacRumors really won't get anywhere. If you have an issue with Tim Cook, I suggest you get a hold of him directly, tcook@apple.com.

3) There are plenty of reasons outside of Apple as to why the stock price is where it is. One of them, and probably the biggest reason, is overall market conditions. If you haven't noticed that shares of pretty much EVERY publicly traded company has taken a hit the past few weeks because of the so-called "fiscal cliff". In fact, AAPL is trading along in-line with how the Dow is moving.

4) No one on here cares about your issues with Apple and my reply is one out of pity.

4. macrumors regular

aquaboy

So far it's only a rumour, the clue is in the forum's name.
    Until the apple store changes it's 'available in...' statement, why should we believe any rumours?

5. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

It says "coming soon" on the website. That's enough to know for now. At least you know its coming.

6. macrumors 6502a

Site says Coming November, still have some time left in November ...

7. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Nah, it says "Coming Soon". :)

Attached Files:

8. tekno, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

macrumors 6502a

No, it says available November/December if you go to the store.

What amazes me, delay or not, is that Apple have totally pulled the iMac for the interim! So, if you want one, you CAN'T BUY ONE!!

Such an odd decision!

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Ahh ok. Thanks for the post :)

10. macrumors 6502a

Although, thinking about it, "Available in November" probably means available to order. Might not mean it'll be shipping in November.

Only time will tell...

11. macrumors 6502

Do I smell an 'investor' who bought at an all time high without realising that stock prices can go down as well as up?

12. macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

As long as they don't have issues (Like new mini's) id be happy to wait!

13. macrumors 6502a

14. macrumors member

There is a general negative trend for the stocks ( fiscal cliff, Greece, recession worries, ...) so I think it'll go down before it goes up
    And it will only go up (significantly) on stellar earnings for this quarter
    So if the holiday quarter will be good, it'll go up, if not expect an even larger drop.

I'm just guessing off course, but I have a feeling that iPhone sales are going to disappoint. I'm not sure about iPad.

Long term, apple will need to bring a new product to the table, as their growth in iPad/iPhone is decreasing and I believe their market share will go down thus decrease in stocks

but again, I'm just guessing here ... :)

15. macrumors 6502

borostef

I also don't like to complain too much, but I also don't like people that talk to people in a patronizing way... If the thread starter felt the need to vent a little and make some points on an OPEN forum that is his right...
    I also think that some of the decisions of the current Apple leadership are wrong, but, hey, I can't do anything about that...
    And on your fourth point, I would like to add: I care!

16. macrumors member

Remember a month ago where there wasn't even an new iMac? "Coming Soon" back then would've been the best thing ever. Now it's the worst for some people, even though it's the same news. People have a big tendency to focus on what they don't have, instead of what they do. And a "Coming Soon" is a pretty good thing to have, 'cause that means... it'll come soon.

Just sit tight, and do something useful while waiting.

17. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

OMG...nobody has posted that repetitious, annoying, and pointless "Where is iTunes 11"??

OOPS...:eek:

:rolleyes:

18. macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Gulp. What issues?

19. macrumors regular

Screen randomly going black for a few seconds, a few times in the span of an entire day and HDD clicking noises. A friend of mine went through 4 Mac Minis before giving up on them completely and going with a MacBook Pro. Take a look in the Apple Support forums for the new Minis.

20. macrumors 68030

forty2j

If he wants to guide the company by the daily movement of the stock price, he's not leading at all. He's catering to the fund managers who want to make their quick buck and sell.. and ultimately that behavior would lead to the failure of the company.

That so many people can own part of a company without giving a rat's behind about its long term success is one of the more unusual quirks of our economy. A true leader needs to learn to ignore them.

21. macrumors 6502a

I was considering just getting a mini and a 27" display until I read all of the complaints in addition to the H4000 not being able to smoothly run 2 external displays

REALLY hope that after all this waiting for the iMac we don't end up seeing a bunch of QC issues :(

22. macrumors 6502

IMac with iTunes 11??

23. macrumors regular

AAPL, in general, outperformed the main index, specially in recent years.
    People said things like 'AAPL never falls' in a year ago, because it went up and up, even against the whole bearish global market. Only until the recent months performance has proven that AAPL is no one special in the stock market.
    'So it could go down as well' is what worries investors.
    Plus, the downward chart in recent months is very steep. It signals something wrong.

24. macrumors 6502a

Ya, they said November or December but didn't say what year. :p

25. macrumors 68020

I'll patronize and condescend all I want. As you pointed out, it is an OPEN forum by the way. So if you think anyone can vent all they want, even in a section of the forum they shouldn't be venting in, I have the right to call them out on it.